Angel Kisses

Request: Outpost Michael, having an interview with a purple reader with freckles all over her body, including hands and feet. She also has some on her face of course. She's self-conscious about them and thinks they are ugly due to bullying her whole life because of them. Micheal asks a question regarding her opinion on her looks, and when he gets a mental and verbal response, (his reaction depends on you)

AN: So after me binge watching Repo! the Genetic Opera for the 1000th time, I kind of gotten somewhat inspired by 21st Century Cure and Genetic Repo Man. basically the whole album. I hope you enjoy!

Sliding on your dark purple gown, your locks of (h/c) was neatly tied back with a silky ribbon of the same color. Usually, you would spend ten minutes in front of the mirror covering your face and hands up with concealer. It wasn't acne nor scars that you wanted to conceal; it was the freckles that you wanted to cover up from the general public. The spots scattered throughout your body was more of a annoyance rather than something beautiful like your mother used to tell you as a child. It doesn't help that you were bullied and constantly called ugly in school. 

That doesn't matter now. The world has long ended and almost everyone is either dead, infected with famine, or currently in the sanctuaries- too busy with their own survival to judge you for something you were born with. Yet, the emotional scars that riddled your mind still lingered to this very day. Before all of this destruction- the apocalypse happened, you were just a normal college- aged student who majored in (Favorite Subject) with a passion for (hobby.) You were surprised when two men in suits forced you to go to the sanctuary as the world begin to end. 

It's been roughly eighteen months since you've actually been outside of the sanctuary; let along had actual food to eat. The freckles on your body became more predominant from the lack of natural vitamin d. Yet when your eyes met the cold, stern glare of Langdon's, you felt as if he saw into you instead of through you like the other purples. Avoiding him as much as you could; you knew that he would eventually conduct his interview with you and determine if you were actually worth being in the new world that was thrusted to you. 

Knocking at your bedroom door interrupted you from your stance as Michael invited himself inside.  "How may I help you, sir?" You softly asked whiled you adjusted the skirt of your gown awkwardly as he responded in a monotonous tone. "Just your interview. Shall we get started?" He stood as you turned to face him. Nervous was the understatement of the century when you looked at his eyes; you were fucking petrified to be honest and you know that he knew that. "What are you hiding, (y/n)?" He took a step forward as a breath exited your lips. 

"If I were to be honest, I am hiding hate for myself." Forcing a smile on your lips, you continued. " I wake up every morning and I see all of my fucking freckles and I loathe it. I hate these people who had beautiful skin." You vented to the blonde as you tried to fight back tears, successfully holding back the tears. "I'm surrounded by shallow people who only cared about themselves." You looked away from Michael as your eyes lingered towards the floor below you. "I admire and appreciate how candid that you are. Why is that?" 

"It's the end of the world. Why should I fake this perfection when you and I both know that it was bullshit." You sat on the plush bed, looking up at Michael's face to see any form of reaction on his face. "For being truthful, you're going with me. Your freckles aren't as grotesque as you believed them to be. It makes you look angelic." A blush spread across your cheeks as a wave of relief spread through your body, calming your nerves. He walked away professionally as he exited your bedroom.