"No, not really. Though, I overheard Mr. Reed... umm... the owner of 'New Haven', say something about a couple coming in tomorrow to adopt. So I guess I'll have to be there." I say and he nods.

"Do you know what time? Maybe... you could come to the tower afterwards?" Mr. Stark says with a small smile on his face.

"I don't know... Maybe. Though, I can't wait to see who gets adopted. All the kids at that orphanage... err... or some... deserve a good home." I say with sad smile.

"What if you get adopted?"

"That won't happen in a thousand years. I'm too old. Most people want younger kids, you know, so they can see the kid grow up. But if you're older... that's not really something that happens. You've passed a stage, I guess you could say." I say and I look down at my hands. "Plus, I only have 3 years left until... I'll be an adult and is forced to leave that place." I say with a small chuckle. "So I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm not expecting anything."

Mr. Stark is quiet and continues to work and so do I. I think I kinda ruined the mood...

"Pete... Do you mind if I ask you how your family was? Before they... umm... passed..." Mr. Stark asks and he's still working. I stay quiet for a second, then a small smile appears on my face.

"They were... A wonderful family..." I say and Mr. Stark looks up at me. "I don't remember that much of my parents, since they died when I was five. But there is this one thing I remember."

.

.

.

"Mommy! Mommy!"

"What is it Peter?" I hear mom say as she enters my bedroom to say goodnight.

"Can you tell me a story? Please...?" I say with puppy eyes.

"Alright, alright little spider monkey. Which story do you want me to tell you?" I think for a moment.

"Captain Amewica!" I say jumping up in my bed and she giggles at my enthusiasm.

"Oh... but I think Dad tells that story better. How about I go get him and he can tell you all the stories he knows?" I nod profusely. Mom leaves the room and after some minutes she re-enters with dad beside her. He looks a little tired.

"Dad! Tell me stories about Captain Amewica!" I say and he chuckles a bit. They sit down on my bed, leaning against the headboard with me in the middle.

Dad tells me the story of when Captain America invaded a Hydra base, saved several soldiers, including his best friend Bucky Barnes and met Red Skull. I was smiling throughout the whole story. When he was done me and mommy clapped and he chuckled again.

"Well, time for bed champ. You know me and Mommy have a very important business trip tomorrow." Dad says and I lay down under the blankets and dad gives me a hug, says goodnight, then leaves the room.

"Mommy, when will you be back?" I ask her.

"I don't know sweety. But Aunt May and Uncle Ben will take good care of you while we're gone." She smiles and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight Mommy." I say with a yawn, slowly closing my eyes.

"Goodnight my little spider monkey" She says, leaving the room and closing the door.

.

.

.

I smile at the memory.