Chapter 16

Tony's P.O.V

When I got back to the tower and entered the living room, I saw eye patch in the middle of the room, talking to the other Avengers. He didn't look amused, as always, but there was some, quote-on-quote, happiness to his look. 'Did something good happen?'

"Ah, Stark. I see you finally got back from your talk with Spider-Man. quite emotional, I must say." He says in his usual boring tone.

"Get to the point Fury." I say firmly.

"You got his reasons for why he's a superhero." He started. "But." He lowered his tone. "We still need to know his identity." I swear, one of these days I'm going to rip his head off.

"Why? He gave us a valid reason for doing this whole 'Superhero' thing. Can't we just leave him alone?" I respond, sounding mad.

"We need to know his identity. That's it. If he won't give it to us voluntarily then we'll have to use force. End of discussion." Fury says, giving me glare.I stay quiet.

"Alright. Fine. But it won't be our first priority." I say coldly.

"Then make it your first priority." He answers just as coldly. Then he steps into the elevator and leaves.

The room is quiet.

"Let's just get this over with..." I say to ease the tension. "I don't want to use force but since he... won't give us his identity, we just... have to... capture him and take his mask off... I suppose." I really don't like it. That guy deserves to have his identity hidden. But if we don't do it, Fury will probably do something much worse to get it out of him. So we are probably the best option...

Everyone knows what Fury could do, so they all nod and we start with a plan. I really hate this. But if We don't do it. Someone else will, and it will not be good for Spidey.

Peter's P.O.V

Saturday was Hell. Mrs. Thomas was an emotional mess and she had noticed that my injuries had gotten better, but since she was too drunk to think why that was, she... beat the shit out of me. Again... and again... and again...

I am currently in my room, changing into my suit. It's kinda late, so everyone's asleep, including Mrs. Thomas. I open the window and start swinging through the night.

I stop some small muggings and a robbery. Otherwise, it's quite a calm night. Though, it was kind of weird since I hadn't ran into Deadpool yet. He always seem to find me somehow. I asked him about it and he said, quote-on-quote, "The author told me where you were." Yeah, I don't get it either.

Anyways. Around 1AM, I'm swinging around Queens looking for something interesting. But then something red and black catches my eye. There on a rooftop Deadpool is sitting. I swing over to him and sit next to him.

"Hey bud, how you doing?" I ask playfully.

He's quiet and seems to be upset.

"You okay DP?"

"Hmm...? Oh...! H-hi Spidey...! Sorry, I was just... umm... thinking...? Y-yeah... thinking..." He answers a bit unsure.

"You seem upset. Did something happen?"

"What? No...- Why...- Why would I be... upset? I'm not...- I just... just..."

"..."

"Wanna talk about it?" I ask.

"It's not important..."

"Well... Maybe it is a big problem, but You don't think it's big enough to be important. Am I right?" I ask smirking and he looks at me.