Chapter Four: Pride For Gryffindor

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, let me write my name." He told me and took the quill from my hand. I laughed as he wrote his name and tied the letter to our family's owl. It took off immediately after.

We enjoyed the rest of our breakfast and just before we had to get to class, Professor McGonagall gave us our schedules.

Monday
9:00 - Flying Lessons ~ Professor Winds - Ravenclaw

10:10 - Charms ~ Professor Flitwick - Hufflepuff
Lunch
12:30 - Double Transfiguration ~ Professor McGonagall - Hufflepuff
14:50 - History Of Magic ~ Professor Binns - Ravenclaw
Dinner

Tuesday
9:00 - Double Charms ~ Professor Flitwick - Hufflepuff
Lunch
12:30 - Flying Lessons ~ Professor Winds - Ravenclaw
13:40 - Defense Against The Dark Arts ~ Professor Switch - Slytherin
14:50 - Potions ~ Professor Slughorn - Slytherin

Dinner

Wednesday
9:00 - Double Herbology ~ Professor Sprout - Hufflepuff
Lunch
12:30 - Defense Against The Dark Arts ~ Professor Switch - Slytherin
13:40 - Potions - Professor Slughorn ~ Slytherin
Dinner

Thursday
9:00 - Transfiguration ~ Professor McGonagall - Ravenclaw
10:10 - Herbology ~ Professor Sprout - Hufflepuff
Lunch
12:30 - Double Potions ~ Professor Slughorn - Slytherin
Dinner
22:00 - Astronomy ~ Professor Sinistra - Ravenclaw

Friday
9:00 - Transfiguration ~ Professor McGonagall - Hufflepuff
10:10 - History Of Magic ~ Professor Binns - Ravenclaw
Lunch
12:30 - Double Defense Against The Dark Arts ~ Professor Switch - Slytherin
Dinner

Saturday and Sunday are free.

After getting our schedules, which were all the same, we walked back to our dormitories so we could pick up our book bags and brush our teeth. I took a look at our schedule and saw that we had Transfiguration.

When we got to class, I took a seat beside Mackenzie, seeing as Sirius sat beside James. I took notice that a cat was sitting on the teacher's desk. I took a look at the unusual markings on the cats face and recognized it as Professor McGonagall.

"Look. I think Professor McGonagall is an animagus." I nudged Mackenzie. She looked up from her book bag and took a look at the cat. She tilted her head one way and squinted.

"I've heard about those, my dad works in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement and he said that they all have to come in and register their markings. I never thought I would meet one though!" She explained to me. A few minutes later my suspicions were confirmed and the cat jumped off the desk. Midway through the air, our teacher appeared. We all clapped.

"Thank you. Welcome to your first Transfiguration class. My name is Professor McGonagall and during my class there will be no foolishness and funny business. Transfiguration is a very complicated branch of magic and your attention is key. We will start simple, turning match sticks into needles and gradually get into more difficult subjects. Now let's begin with some theory." She explained and we get started.

"Trucido. The incantation that, if preformed correctly should transfigure these small objects." She says and the match stick she pointed her wand at turned into a threading needle. We all clapped at her performance. She switched it back using the same spell. 

"Please copy down the key points of this lesson from your copy of A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch and answer the questions on the board. If you aren't done, finish the rest for homework, due tomorrow." She told us and I sigh, homework on the first day? That sucked. McGonagall swished her wand and words appeared on the chalkboard. I copied them down, just in case I didn't finish.