[11] Chapter Eleven Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

She looked over to the kitchen, then back at me. “Can I tell you a big secret?”

I nodded, “Of course!”

“I already have a mate.”

“Really?! That’s great! What’s his name?”

“Connor, he’s from my old pack.”

“Oh. Well, where is he?”

“You see, the rest of my pack rejected me, so he had to stay with them,”

“You know what,” I said suddenly. “If you imprinted on him, I’ll bet he’s looking for you right this very minute.”

“You think?” she asked, skeptical of me.

“Yes, I’m sure of it.”

-----------------------------------------------------------

Now, today, I was up in my room trying to find something to wear to church. Since I wasn’t able to go last week or the week before, I absolutely had to go today. I picked out a long, red dress and dark wash skinnies under it. Emily had said it was going to be cold out, so I grabbed a blue sweatshirt and my black converse. I stepped over Tara and made my way out the door to the nearest church that wasn’t Catholic.

I don’t have a problem with Catholics, but the Moravian religion isn’t quite like the Catholic, more like the Lutheran. Hands of God Lutheran Church was the first one I came upon. The greeters at the door smiled and shook my hand, telling my good morning. Politely, I greeted them back, asking where I was supposed to go. “Don’t worry,” the woman said. “This church is pretty small, so you can’t get lost too easily.”

She was right: once I knew where I was going, I was sitting in a pew and listening to the beautiful organ music. At roughly 10am, someone rang the bell and the service started. The pastor got up and greeted everyone, then went on to start the liturgy. It must have been contemporary Sunday because a large group got up in front of the congregation and led us in song. I knew every one that we sang.

I was practically beaming by the time it was over. Pastor Robert was awaiting near the exit to shake everyone’s hands. Once I got to him, he smiled. “Welcome. You must be a visitor. I’m Pastor Bob,”

“I’m Mirabelle Carson.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Mirabelle.”

I was about to walk out, but then I remember what I was going to ask him. “Pastor, where’s the…” I had to think a moment, remembering where they said in the newspaper where they were buried. “Thomas Cam Cemetery?”

“it’s right down the road, and may I ask why you’re looking for it?”

“Oh, I wanted to go visit my mother and father,” I said quietly, trying not to choke up.

“My, I’m very sorry for your loss!”

“Thanks,” I got away from there as soon as I could. The walk took about five minutes, and then I walked up the walkway, looking in every row until I found it:” their headstone. It was red granite, with their names engraved in the top, the sayings “Loving mother” and ‘Beloved father’ were right below them. Tears fell, my knees giving out.

“Mommy, daddy,” I whispered. “I miss you two so much. I really wish you didn’t have to leave me. I do have a boyfriend, though. Can you believe it! He’s a werewolf. No kidding!” I laughed, the tears falling harder now. Sobs broke through the ice in my throat, rocking my entire body.

The wind picked up and arms seemed to have wrapped themselves around me. At first I thought it was just the wind, but then a voice whispered in my ear, “Shhh, it’s okay, I’m here now.” I looked up, seeing Seth’s own tear stained cheeks. “My father’s here. Would you like to meet him?”