I quickly released Tikki from my purse and she floated in front of me. We sat there in silence for a while, me staring out the window and Tikki looking at me. She suddenly asked, "Emma, how about I tell you a little bit about life as Ladybug for Marinette?" I looked over at the red kwami. I had to admit, I was more than a little curious and interested in what Mom and Dad had gone through and been like when they were Ladybug and Chat Noir as teenagers.

I nodded my head, and Tikki regaled me with many tales and funny stories of Mom as a teenager. It was crazy how nervous she was around Dad in the past. Tikki told me all about Mom and Dad's adventures as Ladybug and Chat Noir. "God, people are so dense! No one realized that Mom and Dad were Ladybug and Chat Noir? Even though they were wearing the exact same costumes? (Frightingale.) That's crazy!" I exclaimed while laughing.

Tikki nodded and smiled at me. After a while, the laughter died down and a comfortable silence set in. We were enjoying each other's company. Then suddenly, Tikki said quietly, "You know Emma, Marinette really cares for you. Hugo and Louis too. You have no idea how many times Marinette was so tempted to tell you that she and Adrien was Ladybug and Chat Noir. But she always held herself back because she thought it would put you in danger."

I stayed silent. A cloud passed over me and my mood was instantly fouled. Why did Tikki have to bring this up now?! But I guess I understood. We would have to talk about it eventually. I sighed and laid on the bed, saying, "I don't know anymore Tikki. What should I do?! God, why must life be so complicated?" Tikki smiled sadly and replied, "Well, I'm sure most people don't have parents that are superheroes."

I laughed dryly. A thought struck me and I turned to Tikki and asked, "Hey Tikki. What about Rena Rouge, Carapace, Viperion, Queen Bee, Pegasus and all those other superheroes? Do they have children of their own. We all know that Chloe Bourgeois is Queen Bee, so Carmen is the daughter of Queen Bee, but what about the other superheroes?"

Tikki smiled mysteriously and replied, "I don't know. You'll just have to ask your parents." I sighed and said, "You do know, don't you? That was just to get me to talk to Mom and Dad." She nodded and replied, "You know you can't ignore them forever. I can already feel some of your anger subsiding." I raised my eyebrows at Tikki and said, "I didn't know you could do that." Tikki shrugged and replied, "There's a lot of things about the Miraculous world that you don't know. Not even Marinette or Adrien might know." I sighed in defeat and said, "Ok Tikki. I'll apologise to them tomorrow. For now, I need some rest." Tikki nodded, a satisfied smile on her face, and replied, "Good for you Emma. I'm proud of you for gathering up the courage to apologise to Marinette and Adrien."

I smiled at the red kwami, then rolled over and turned off the bedside lamp's light, encasing Tikki and me in darkness. The only light came from the window, and even that was extinguished when Tikki flew over and pulled the curtain close. Tikki flew back to the bed and laid down on the pillow beside me. I whispered, "Goodnight Tikki." Tikki whispered back, "Goodnight Emma." And I slipped into unconsciousness.

Tomorrow would be a new day.

Marinette's POV

Dinner was almost done, but Emma didn't come back down the stairs. Her food was only half finished. I frowned in confusion. Adrien noticed this and asked, "Mari, what's wrong?" Hugo and Louis also turned to me. I tried for a smile and replied, "Oh, it's nothing really. But I was wondering where Emma was."

Adrien, Hugo and Louis' heads turned in unison to stare at Emma's empty chair. Just then, Plagg burst into the room. He looked panicked and was scanning the room. I stood up and went over to him, cupping him in my hands, and asked, "Plagg? What's wrong?" Plagg didn't look at me as he replied, "It's Tikki. I can't find her. Have you guys seen her?" We all looked around the dining room, just realizing that Tikki was gone too.