5

Bakugo laid awake, Hostage by Billie Eilish softly playing from his headphones. He wanted Kirishima, but he didn't know if he would be able to handle the disappointment if he was wrong. He would rather go on not knowing than be wrong. His heart squeezed with anxiety as he rolled onto his side. The next song to pop up was Nightmare by Brand New and an idea popped up into his head. The karaoke thing was the next day and he knew he sang well; if Kirishima was his soulmate he would know it was him if he sang this song. It was one of his favorites normally so it would make sense. He almost got excited thinking about it, but he calmed himself and tried to sleep.

Kirishima was running around helping Jiro set up for the party. They wanted a tiny stage set up in the common room for the system so Sero and Kaminari helped him bring it in. A few hours later and everything was in place. Kirishima fixed his bandanna and decided a good shower was in order before the event. He smiled hearing Nightmare play through his brain for the third time that day. His soulmate was up to something.

Bakugo had gotten the song down, but he was listening to it as he got ready for practice. He put on a white oversized t-shirt and some jeans that were ripped around the thighs. He didn't normally dress like that but he wanted to look semi-cool if he was gonna have to sing in front of those extras and Kirishima.

Kirishima listened to Kiwi as he showered, trying to calm his nerves. Once out he pulled his hair back into a ponytail. His outfit was a black v-neck t-shirt and some red cargo pants with a belt. He wanted to look nice? Get off his back? Boy was he nervous as hell. He really didn't want to be wrong.

Bakugo felt his nerves skyrocket as he rode the elevator down to the common room. Was he making a good decision?

Kirishima didn't want to be late so he took the stairs. He raced down them as he tried not to fall, and jumped the last few steps. He almost slammed into the door, but caught himself before absolutely fucking up. He walked out of the stairwell and waltzed over to his friends like he didn't almost break his neck.

"Hey! You look nice!" Mina exclaimed happily, throwing her arms around his shoulders.

He grinned and chuckled sheepishly, "Thanks Mina."

Bakugo finally made it to the floor, but he wanted to curl into a ball. He was anxious and wishing he hadn't told himself he would do this. What if he was wrong? He immediately locked eyes with Jiro and bee-lined over to them.

"Hey, Murder-con," they grinned at him, "what are you all dressed up for?"

Bakugo grimaced at them and huffed, "These are casual clothes?"

"Right," they giggled sarcastically as they gestured to Kirishima who had just walked in, "he looks kinda dressed up too. Was that planned?"

Bakugo looked over at Kirishima who was getting vice gripped by Mina, he looked absolutely wonderful, "Uh, no?"

"Ok," they stated skeptically, "well I hope you're gonna sing today. I'm sure it would be a real treat for everyone."

"I'm not singing for anyone," he grimaced at them and ran a hand through his hair, "I'm singing because I feel like it."

Jiro raised their eyebrows at him, "But you're singing?"

"Yea, didn't I just say that?" He asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

Jiro blinked a little before a big smile came across their face, "Yeah."

Kirishima idly listened to his friends chatter as he looked around the room. His eyes landed on Bakugo and he felt his heart squeeze with both anxiety and happiness because he actually made effort to be there. Normally Bakugo wasn't for this kind of stuff, but Kirishima guessed he changed his mind. He noticed Bakugo's outfit and smiled, seeing that he was semi-dressed up. They made eye contact and he felt his face heat up so he averted his eyes back to the others.

Bakugo frowned, why didn't he keep eye contact?

"Everyone!" Momo stood on the stage and got everyone's attention over the microphone, "I'm so glad everyone came down for this event! It took a lot of convincing so let's make the most of this karaoke party, okay?" Everyone cheered, "If you want to sing form a line next to the stage; please have your music ready."

Kirishima waited a little so that he wasn't the first five up to sing, but once he saw an opening he jogged over to stand next to Midoriya.

Bakugo watched Kirishima get in line and felt his anxiety swell bigger. He should've gotten in line sooner. He was supposed to go first. He stalked over to the line and shoved his hands into his pockets. He was stuck behind Mina who was chattering awake with Kaminari and Kirishima.

"Oi, Bakugo," Kirishima gave him a big smile, "I didn't know you sang."

"I don't normally," Bakugo grumbled, looking off to the side.

Kirishima took that as a 'It's rare don't get used to it' type of thing.

"Yea! I'm excited to see how you do, man!"

"Tch." Bakugo was nervous as hell and the fact that Kirishima was going first made it far worse. What if he wasn't singing the song he thought he'd sing? He should've gotten in line sooner. He anxiously picked at his nails, repeating the same things to himself in his mind.

Kirishima noticed Bakugo picking at his nails anxiously and frowned. He didn't dare point it out though because knowing Bakugo, he'd get upset that others knew he was an anxious person.