chapter V

🐺

"what do you usually listen to, on a daily basis?"

"top charts, but mostly Ed Sheeran," chan said while taking a right turn.

rain was pouring, nimbostratus clouds everywhere, hiding the sun.
however, kids were still playing outside with boots and raincoats on, huge grins plastered on their faces as they jump in the puddles.
a small smile started to form on junghwa's face. he rolled his eyes at the moment the driver pronounced the first syllable of his sentence. why couldn't he have a peaceful time all alone?

"what about you?"

"i mostly listen to kpop," his harsh tone showed how he was feeling.

"which groups?" chan parked the car in front of the mall.

"any," junghwa put his head on his hand and daydreamed while looking outside, "such a shitty day."

chris made a slight pout, and turned the engine off, "but we're going to do 'good shopping'!" he tried to lighten up the mood by accentuating the end of his sentence, which only worked for a few seconds.

they quietly exited the car, and entered the mall, without talking, letting an awkward silence settle.

"why are we here, again?"

"you asked me to drive you here," chris turned his head to look at the black haired one, in disbelief.

"did i?" the younger one smirked, and started to walk faster.

"so, why did you bring us here?"

"i need more hoodies, winter is coming after all."

they were quietly looking at clothes in one of junghwa's favorite shop. the latter one had a yellow one on and was trying it out with jeans, chris lightly patted junghwa's shoulder, "i'm going to go buy coffee, what do you want?"

"a bottle of water, if possible."

chris made a thumbs up and stopped in his tracks, once he was outside of the shop.

he squatted down, and supported his head with both of his hands.

he sniffed, and lightly slapped himself, "stop that," he quietly whispered.

some shuffling could be heard next to the australian.

an arm sneaked its way around his shoulders.

"whats up? is something wrong?" junghwa sneaked his head on the trainee's shoulder, and side hugged him.

chris turned his head to look at the younger one, "wow, i was expecting anyone other than you."

"that's rude."

"you're rude."

junghwa distanced himself, " we look like we're taking a poop," he said as he stood up.

small tears were still on the older's cheeks.

"i feel like i'm on my man periods."

"i always am on my man periods, to be honest."

"couldn't agree more, you have shitty moods most of the time, no offense,"

"no offense taken, dumbass-hyung."

chris faked an offended face and put his hand on his chest, "whAt?"

junghwa lightly chuckled, "let's go buy coffee."