Chapter 3.

I'm currently in the living room in Xavier's house with his Delta, Gabriel. I started to pace around the room; nerves shooting through me. Lianna is currently being questioned by Xavier and Laith, and I'm honestly scared shitless. What the hell did she mean? I sigh and sit down. "Luna? Is everything ok?" I quickly shoot a smile to Gabriel and nod my head. Not 5 minutes later, I hear footsteps and quiet talking. I stood up and faced the hallway they were coming from and as Lianna came into view, I quickly ran and hugged her. "I've missed you so much," I whispered to her. I backed away but kept her close to me. "Raeyna, I think we should talk..." Xavier said somberly. I looked up at him confused and a little scared. Xavier sighs and takes me by the hand and walks with me to his office. "Are you going to kick me out?" I asked strongly. I can't show weakness at this moment, not if this is the decision. He looked confused, "No! Why would I do that?" He quickly pulled me close and hugged me to his chest. I sigh in content before pulling away. "Then what is it?" He sighed and ran a hand through his hair before sitting on the edge of his desk. "They intend to kill you because you know their plans against the Royals. I, of course, do not plan to have you killed." I nod and went to stand in front of him, trying to calm him as much as I can. He smiled a little before holding me by my waist. "Well, what are we going to do?" He cocked an eyebrow at my question and chuckled a little. "We? I am going to make sure you don't get hurt, love. I just want you to relax and get to know the area and our pack." I frowned at that. I want to at least help a little; this is my fault anyways. "Look, I know I can help you. Just let me, please," I pleaded with him. He sighed and gave me a look. "No, there's no way I'm letting you get hurt. You are my priority along with my pack." I looked down and covered my face before groaning. Well, here goes nothing... I looked back up at him and before he could say anything, I pulled him down a little and pressed my lips to his. I felt fireworks light up; I know, cheesy, but none-the-less I felt them. I gasped and backed away wide-eyed. He, too, looked shocked. "I-uh, look, I can help. Let me explain ok?" Knowing that the kiss probably didn't do what I intended for it to do, I'm going to have to tell him about my powers. We aren't allowed to tell anyone, especially Werewolves, but it looks like I have no choice. He was quiet and when I looked up at him, he was eyeing me cautiously. "We Vampires all have certain abilities. We are either born with it or it shows up later in our life. I was born with mine and it has helped me throughout my entire life. People have tried killing me for my abilities and they became unsuccessful. " I took a breath before continuing, "My abilities are stealth and precision, hence the reason why they wanted me to assassinate the Royals. The reason why I asked to help you is that I know I can be of value to you." I started playing with the rings on my fingers, waiting to hear his response. It was a few minutes before he spoke up and what he said shocked me. "You are already valued, Raeyna. You are my mate, and I don't want you to get hurt. You already mean so much to me." I looked up at him wide-eyed. He looked completely serious about what he said. "I-" before I could say anything, I felt this wrenching in me. I cried out in pain and went to hold my stomach. I started hearing white noise in my ears and it blocked every sound out. I felt arms wrap around me and pick me up. Before I knew it, I was on a couch. I cried out again and opened my eyes to see three people staring at me worried. When I looked over to Lianna, it dawned on her. "Shit! Her eyes are red!" Lianna quickly told Laith something and he bolted from the room. She quickly made her way to me and pushed Xavier out of the way. I would've hissed at her, but I was in too much pain. She was trying to talk to me, but the pain and noise became too much and I passed out.

I groan and try to open my eyes. I felt weak and it was hard to try and open them, but I was successful after a few tries. I look around and notice four people in the room with me. Lianna, Xavier, Laith, and Gabriel. "What happened?" I groan again and tried to sit up, only to fall back onto my back again. Xavier got closer to me and helped me sit up, but continued to hold on to me because of my weakness. "Rae, when was the last time you fed?" I thought back for a moment and then realized its been at least a week. "Shit..." Lianna giggled and handed me a styrofoam cup full of blood. I eyed it suspiciously. "Don't worry, Luna, it's deer blood." I nodded at Gabriel and downed the whole cup in two gulps. God, I was so weak. Anna handed me another and I downed that one in two gulps too. "Sorry, this probably isn't the hottest to watch." They all laughed and shook their heads. I finally started to feel my strength regain and sighed. "Feel better, love?" Xavier rubbed my back a little. I nodded and sighed. "Anna, you should've run away with me. You know I forget to take care of myself," I laugh. Anna laughed with me and shook her head, "Yeah, well, good thing I was here, huh?" I licked my teeth clean of blood before smiling at her. No one wants to see bloody teeth, now do they? "Are you feeling better?" I heard Xavier softly ask next to me. I looked over at him and he looked concerned. I nod and smile up at him, which he gratefully returned. "I think she might need some rest, Alpha," Anna said carefully. He looked at her and nodded, "I think you might be right." I sighed and fell back against the couch while I heard the others chuckle. It was late, 11 o'clock at night maybe? I felt exhausted. I didn't realize I was falling asleep until I felt arms lift me up and began moving me towards the stairs. I was too tired to care, so I let myself drift off to sleep. 

Raeyna...

Who's there?

Raeyna... Behind you...

I look behind me, but all I see is black. I kept turning around and around but I still couldn't see anything. I turned around again and I noticed a white silhouette standing against the blackness. "Who are you? What do you want?" I called out towards the figure.

Raeyna... They're coming for you... Watch out...

As I was about to ask who, the figure pointed at something behind me and as I turned around, Clan Leader Willow was in my face grinning wickedly. 

I bolted upright in the bed I was laying in and screamed. Xavier quickly woke up and gathered me into his arms murmuring things that I couldn't quite make out. I gasped needlessly and covered my face with my hands. "Baby, what happened?" I was shaking so hard and I didn't trust my voice yet, so I simply shook my head. I felt his hand on my back and for a second, I tensed. He quickly removed his hand and wrapped his arm around me even tighter. I calmed myself down a little so I could explain as best I could. "It was a dream. Someone told me that the Clan Leaders were out to get me." Xavier hummed and held me even closer. "It'll be ok, I'm here and I will not let anybody hurt you. I mean it." His voice helped soothe my nerves, but I was still jittery. I looked over at the clock and it read 4 A.M. I shook my head again and moved away from him and sat on the edge of the bed. "Get some more sleep, I'm going to go get some water." I get up and quickly make my way out of the room and down the stairs before he could say anything or try to stop me. I head to the kitchen and thanked the blessedly cool room. I grabbed a glass from the cabinet and filled it with water. I sighed and downed half the glass in 3 seconds. I felt hands wrap around my waist. I yelped and twirled around quickly to see who it was. I should've known it was Xavier, but I was still too wrapped up in my dream. "I'm not leaving you alone, Raeyna." I sighed and nodded. I leaned against him and allowed him to comfort me for the time being. "You know? Everyone that has their mate, they go on and on about the shock current they get from touching their mate. I have yet to feel that by touching you. I wonder why..." He mused quietly. "Maybe it's because I'm a Vampire?" He chuckled a little before nodding. "Maybe." We stayed like that for a while before we both decided to go back to bed. It was 4:30 A.M by then. He held me close as we were laying down. It felt nice to be held after everything that has happened recently. I slowly felt myself nod off but before I could completely fall asleep, three little words flitted through the haze. I love you...