3. Come Fly With Me

Today me and Manny had to go and spend time with Luke because Claire asked us too. Me and Manny weren't that close to Luke. I was closer with Haley then anyone else. She's a good mentor when I comes to boys. 'I wish I could stay home with you and fly toy airplanes.' Manny told Jay.

'These aren't toy airplanes, Manny. These are models, and they're very complicated. You wanna fly one of these, you gotta be familiar with airfoil, drag, lift and thrust- -and these are all principles of aerodynamics.' Jay said trying to make it seem like we wouldn't understand how to control the planes.

'The box says "12 and up."' Manny told him.

'What?' Jay said. Manny pointed it out to him.

'You can fly toy planes with Jay next time. Today both of you have to spend time with Luke.' Aunt Gloria told me and Manny while looking at both of us,

'Why?' Me and Manny asked at the same time.

'Because his mother invited both of you, so you go. Family needs to be close. Right, Jay?' Aunt Gloria told us. Technically I wasn't related to any of them and the only people who were like my family were Manny and Aunt Gloria.

'I'm pretty sure this is a typo.' Jay told us.

'Tell that to the box or the company.' I told Jay. He still wasn't happy that the box said ages "12 and up" but facts were facts at the end of the day. Manny, Aunt Gloria and I all got in the car and we went on our way to the Dunphy house.

'Manny brought his and Y/n's favorite game to play with Luke.' Aunt Gloria told Claire as we were in here kitchen and dining area.

'It's called Empire.' I told Claire.

'You use strategy to expand territories and take over the world.' Manny said explaining what the games about.

'Luke is gonna love that. He's out back playing.' Claire told us. I noticed Manny was looking outside but I couldn't be asked to follow his gaze.

'Do you need me to get you something while I'm out shopping?' Aunt Gloria offered.

'That's such a nice offer, but I think we're good. Thanks.' Claire told Aunt Gloria before going back to what she was doing before hand.

'Okay. What about this?' Alex said while walking into the room and showing off her outfit.

'You don't even say "Hello" to Gloria, Y/n and Manny?' Claire asked Alex.

'Hi, Gloria, Y/n and Manny. Okay, Mom, what about this?' Alex said to her mother once she'd say hi to us.

'No. You're wearing a dress.' Claire told her daughter. Alex gasped at what her Mom wanted her to wear.

'Mom, come on.' Alex said desperately not wanting to wear a dress.

'What? It's gonna kill you to look like a girl for one afternoon?' Claire asked Alex rhetorically.

'But it's a wedding for some friend of yours I never even heard of.' Alex told Claire. I understood the pain of having to go to someone's wedding who don't even know.

'It's non-negotiable. You can borrow a dress of Haley's again.' Claire said to the un-negotiable Alex.

'No. That sends an ugly message- -that I'm Haley. You know, instead of trying to force me to wear a dress, why don't you worry about getting Luke to wear some pants?' Alex said sassily making me and Aunt Gloria hold in our laughter.

'What? Why does he do this?' Claire asked rhetorically before going to the doors that led to the backyard. 'Luke!' She shouted before knocking on the glass. 'Pants! Come on!' She shouted.