"Jacob, you idiot. I had it," she shouted. 

"Leah," Sam scolded, shutting her up.  

I rushed to her, hugging her tightly. She hugged me back. I listened in as they discussed taking Jacob as to not start a fight with the Volturi. 

"It isn't your fault," I whispered. She looked at me guiltily. 

They began to leave as quickly as possible and I ran back to where I was before next to Jasper. 

"They're coming," Alice announced. 

I watched as they approached, Jane at the front. 

"Impressive. I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact," Jane spoke. 

"We were lucky," Carlisle responded. 

"I doubt that."

There was a silence before Alec spoke. 

"It appears we missed an entertaining fight."

"Yes. It's not often we're rendered unnecessary," Jane added. 

"If you'd arrived a half-hour ago, you would've fulfilled your purpose," Edward retorted. 

"Pity." Jane's eyes flickered to the girl we had pardoned. "You missed one."

Jasper moved to stand next to her, a form of protection in a way.

"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender," Carlisle informed. 

"That wasn't yours to offer." Jane moved her gaze back to the girl, Bree. "Why did you come?" The girl looked absolutely petrified before she fell to the floor in pain. I winced. "Who created you?"

"Sky," Jasper muttered. 

We had been practising a form of mental manipulation that I was able to do before I turned, why I was immune to their powers. It was strange and I couldn't explain it but I began to focus on her, trying to make her feel as though there was no pain. It only lessened the pain for her as she stopped screaming but continued to wither on the floor. 

"You don't need to do that," Esme told. "She'll tell you anything you want to know."

"I know," Jane answered simply. 

And I thought she was a bitch before.

"I don't know," Bree cried out. "Riley wouldn't tell us. He said our thoughts weren't safe."

"Her name was Victoria. Perhaps you knew her," Edward spoke up. 

"She was a mythic bitch," I muttered, causing Emmett to chuckle before stopping himself soon after. 

"Edward. If the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would've stopped her. Isn't that right, Jane?" Carlisle defended.

"Of course," she replied after a hesitation. "Felix."

The taller of the group began to move forward. 

"She didn't know what she was doing," Esme yelled, making Jane stop Felix. "We'll take responsibility for her."

"Give her a chance," Carlisle added. 

"The Volturi don't give second chances. Keep that in mind. Caius will be interested to know that she's still human," Jane responded, her eyes on Bella. "But will be happy to know that you're not." Her gaze landed on me. 

"The date is set," Bella spoke up, taking the attention away from me to avoid any questioning. 

"Take care of that, Felix. I'd like to go home."

Jasper rushed to my side as Felix killed Bree, letting me grasp his hand tightly as she screamed. 

---

I made my way to the Rez after Bella. I arrived to find out she was already with Jacob. 

"How is he?" I asked.

"He'll be okay, Sky," Billy informed. 

"I'm so sorry I didn't do anything," I told.

"There wasn't much you could do," Paul comforted. "But right now I think you need to talk to Leah."

I walked over to her, nudging her gently with my shoulder. She looked to me and I could see the regret and guilt she felt. 

"You know this isn't your fault right?" I comforted. 

"He was saving me," Leah replied, her voice defeated. 

"That vampire could have attacked anyone. Jacob decided to step in, you didn't force him to. He didn't have to but he did," I told. "He's going to be fine."

"I know," she whispered.

I stared at her for a second, noticing again how guilty she looked. Her eyes glistened from the light of the house and I noticed the unshed tears in them. It broke my heart slightly to see her feeling so bad. So, I looked away before deciding what to do next. She was there for me when I was at a low, so I would be there for her in the same way. 

"Come on, we're having a sleepover," I told. 

"You don't sleep," she pointed out. 

"An over then. We're gonna hang out, basically," I responded.