.

I am speechless. I look at her with big eyes. I don't know what to say... that's... I wouldn't be a good... I mean my own dad was...

"Tony. He needs a good home, where he can feel safe. Remember what he said when... we... captured him...?" I frown at the memory. "He said this felt like a second home... Why not... make it his first home...?" I look at Nat and she's smiling. (Okay, I know that doesn't really make sense... but... shut up... It's... cute...)

"I'll... talk with Stephen... about it..." I say.

Then all of a sudden, Peter starts to shake and tears start to roll down his cheeks. He then jolts up, desperately gasping for air. He's hyperventilating and I take his hand and put it on my chest, breathing deep so he can feel the movment.

"It's okay Peter, you're safe. Everythings fine. Just breathe in and out. That's it, good Pete. In and out." His breathing starts to calm down but his tears just keeps coming.

"...I'm... sorry..." He whispers.

"Why are you sorry Pete?" I carefully ask.

"...I... couldn't...- I couldn't protect them... from...- from her..." He chokes out.

"from who Peter?" Nat asks and she's kneeling down in front of him, holding his other hand to try and calm him down. Peter is quiet for a couple of seconds, taking deeps breaths.

"...I...- I couldn't protect them from...- from Mrs. Thomas... She was there... she kept... hitting... and... hurting... them..." My heart breaks from the pain in his voice. He's been through so much, yet he still only thinks of others.

"It's okay Peter, she isn't here, you are safe. Everyone is safe. She's gone. It's okay." I say softly. He then passes out in my arms and I lift him up. I start to head towards his room and Nat follows behind. She opens the door for me and I lay him down on the bed and put a blanket over him. Then I sit down on the edge of the bed and run my fingers through his curls.

"Friday?" I whisper.

"Yes Boss?" I look over at Nat and she has a soft smile on her face.

"Where's Stephen?"

"The Wizard just entered the common rooms."

"Can you tell him to come here?"

"Done."

A minute later, there's a light knock on the door and Stephen steps in. A small smile appears on his face when he sees Peter.

"Is everything alright?" He asks and we walk out of the room, so not to wake Peter up.

"Stephen... We... we gotta show you something..." Nat says and she shows him the footage. He looks really upset and I take his hand.

"We have to do something about it!" Stephen whisper-yells and both me and Nat nods.

"Well, we... uhh... we did think of something..." I start and Stephen is quiet, waiting for me to finish. Well... *sigh* How about we... adopt him...?" Stephens face turns to shock. I guess he wasn't expecting that.

"I... If that can save him... then... Of course..." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and hug my husband. After a couple of seconds we break the hug. "So, how are we goingt to do it? I mean, I don't know if we can ask him just like that."

"How about... You guys set up an appointment at the orphanage. Then you can pick him." Nat suggests. I look at Stephen and he smiles and nods.

"When should we go?" I ask.