Chapter 11

Originally published: 10/31/2019

Republished: 7/17/2020

Lightly edited. :)

XXX

This is what you get when I write between one and two in the morning. If it makes no sense, I apologize. :P

Enjoy

XXX

Champ froze at Techno's words. His mind was unable to comprehend the possibility that the other had the same feelings as he did.

Techno's heart beat faster at Champ's reaction. Was that a bad sign?? "Ch-Champ? Did you hear me?"

"Can you say it again?"

Techno swallowed hard. Champ's voice had been so soft...with a pleading undertone. "I-I said I think I'm in love with you--" He gasped, cut off by Champ hugging him even tighter.

"I'm dreaming...this is all a dream..." Champ was muttering, sounding a bit hysterical.

Techno frowned. "This isn't a dream, Champ."

"You're straight."

"People change."

"You said you'd never accept a guy."

"That was back in freshman year."

"...I never saw any signs of you liking guys."

"I don't like guys...plural," Techno drew the words out, building his courage for the next part. "Just you. One guy. Singular. It just came on so gradually, I never noticed until I thought I might lose you for good."

Champ drew back, searching Techno's gaze with a furrowed brow. "You...love me?"

"You think yourself unlovable?" Techno raised one eyebrow incredulously.

"It's not that...just..." Techno could only stare helplessly at the bright smile that spread across Champ's face. "You love me. You love...me."

"It's just me," Techno managed to say.

Champ frowned, covering Techno's mouth with his good hand. "Shh. Nobody is allowed to make you sound less than what you are, not even you, No."

Techno's gaze softened. He gently grasped Champ's hand, pulling it off his mouth and linking their fingers together. He felt a pang of regret that he hadn't realized how he felt sooner at the awestruck expression on Champ's faze as he stared down at their entwined hands. "Fine, I won't talk down about myself. If you believe that this isn't a dream."

Champ raised his eyes back to Techno's, the disbelief exchanged for elation. He abruptly hugged Techno again. "I love you, too," his told Techno, tone sweet and loving.

Techno hugged him back, squeezing his eyes shut so he wouldn't cry.

XXX

"So, this is the famous No."

Champ glowered at Win. "Knock it off before you scare him off, P'Win," he complained, shoving lightly at his brother's chest. He wrapped a protective arm around Techno's shoulders, drawing the other closer. "We haven't even had our first date yet."

Win smirked. "Well, have fun. I'm gonna go update P'Gift about your new status."

"P'Win!" Champ yelled after Win, who ducked inside the house laughing gleefully.

"You brother is...something else," Techno could only laugh.

"Trust me when I say he's an alien," Champ said moodily, frowning in the direction of the house.