Chapter 2

ORIGINALLY POSTED: 10/19/2019

POSTED AGAIN: 5/14/2020

NOTHING HAS BEEN CHANGED

Sleep evaded him. All he could do was stare up at the ceiling, counting sheep in a desperate attempt to bore himself to sleep so the night would pass more quickly, and the torment known as Techno would be over. But no, sleep wouldn't come, and he was quickly overheating -- both from Techno being wrapped around him like an octopus, and...yeah, okay, both were because of Techno refusing to let him go.

Techno moved his leg in his sleep, pressing himself more against Champ. Champ couldn't suppress the small whimper. His whole body was so tense, it was trembling from the effort of not moving and possibly making the whole situation worse. Then Techno rested his face against Champ's neck, his breath softly caressing the tender skin and causing slight shivers to go down Champ's spine.

Why, why, why...he screamed inside his mind. Why, universe! Was I a villain in a past life or something?? Is this Karma for some bad thing I did when I was younger??

Techno shifted yet again. Champ swallowed hard, and slowly, hesitantly pried the other's fingers loose from his borrowed shirt, gently pushing the arm off himself. He looked down his body, eyeing the leg that was resting on the danger spot. Slight movement of said leg hardened his resolve, and he carefully slipped himself the rest of the way out of Techno's hold, breathing a soft sigh of relief when the other's leg was no longer causing him palpitations.

Choosing to suffer an uncomfortable night on the floor instead of risking humiliation in the morning, Champ grabbed Techno's extra blanket and curled up in a ball on the floor, covering his head like he was a turtle. He was in for a long night, either way.

XXX

"Champ, wake up."

Champ frowned, burrowing further under the blanket he was cocooned in.

Someone snorted. "You look like a mummy. Wake up before you actually become one."

"Mm," Champ groaned, opening his eyes and blinking blearily up at Techno. "What time is it..."

"About nine," Techno quirked an eyebrow at the half-asleep boy on his bedroom floor. "Dude, what are you doing on the floor? We both went to sleep in the bed last night, right?"

"You would've strangled me to death if I'd've stayed," Champ yawned, stretching his body like a cat.

"What?? I would not!"

Champ grinned at Techno's squawk. "Wanna bet? There's probably finger-shaped bruises on my shoulder from your iron grip. Next time I stay over, I'm bringing a body pillow so you can hug it to pieces instead of me. I actually want to stay alive, thank you very much."

"Very funny," Techno shot back dryly. "Now, up! Time to get some breakfast."

Champ made a face, yet got up off the floor and followed Techno down to the kitchen. He couldn't sleep the day away anyway since he still had to fix his stupid motorcycle. After watching Techno rummage around in the kitchen for a few minutes, Champ mumbled about checking on his bike and escaped the house before his friend could respond. It was suffocating standing in the kitchen, so close to Techno, yet unable to touch him.

Champ shook his head hard, and tried to focus on the bike. He put the key in the ignition and turned it. To his immense relief and utter bewilderment, it started up on the first try. "Huh..." he turned it off, eyeing it suspiciously. "Must've overheated...weird..."

"Sounds like your bike's working."

Champ turned, shrugging. "Yeah. I don't understand what happened. Might've overheated, but it didn't feel that hot last night. Stupid bike."

Techno laughed, beckoning for Champ to come back inside the house. "Hope you're okay with ramen for breakfast. Not much else to fix, since Nic thinks he can eat everything in sight without thinking about me."

Champ laughed, following Techno back inside. He sniffed the air, enjoying the smell of freshly made ramen, smiling at the back of Techno's head. Such a mom...no wonder he and Type are considered the parents of the football team.

"You're thinking something embarrassing again, aren't you," Techno whined suddenly, breaking Champ out of his thoughts.

"Mm...maybe," Champ admitted with a smirk.

Techno gave him a disgruntled look.

"It's nothing bad. I can see why you and Type have been nicknamed the parents of the football team."

Techno frowned. "I'm a parent??"

"They see you as the mom, and Type as the dad. Fitting, really, if you ask me," Champ said casually, sitting at the table and dragging one bowl towards him.

"I'm not a mom!" Techno protested. Champ glanced up, heart skipping a beat at the soft pink blush staining his cheeks. "I'm a guy!"

"Guys can be motherly," Champ pointed out before taking a bite of the noodles.

Techno grumbled under his breath, settling in his own chair, pushing the noodles around with his fork. Champ shook his head, continuing to eat his ramen. No matter what Techno said, the guy was the mom of the team.

"P'No?"

Both Champ and Techno turned to see Technic standing in the doorway to the kitchen, watching the two of them with an odd expression. "Yes, Nic?" Techno tilted his head.

"Where were you last night? Ai'Kla went to the university to pick you up, but you weren't there."

"Ah, Champ gave me a ride."

"And until his own bike gets fixed," Champ jumped in. "I can give him a ride, since it's right on my way to my own house."

Techno glanced at him. "Um...yeah, so, Kengkla doesn't need to worry about it anymore. Okay? Tell him that for me, please."

Technic bit his lower lip, eyeing Champ with narrowed eyes. "All right, P'No. I'll tell him."

Champ watched until Technic had disappeared up the stairs before facing Techno. "You do realize why that Nong insisted on giving you rides, right?"

"Hm?" Techno blinked.

"The kid likes you, No," Champ told him slowly.

Techno rolled his eyes. "Oh, he does not, Champ. Nobody's interested in a guy like me."

"I'll prove it," Champ muttered, shaking his head at Techno's naivete. That kind of blind trust will get you taken advantage of, idiot.

And Champ wasn't about to let Kengkla take advantage of Techno. No matter how he felt about his friend, Champ was Techno's friend first and foremost, and he was a guy that protected his friends. Plain and simple.

XXX

So, second chapter done. I know I said it'd probably be in Techno's POV, but my possessed hands decided to type something completely different up.

Oh well...

See you guys in the next chapter!

Allonsy~

KitKat

P.S. I'll still be signing off the same way, but with my new penname. I threw out the boy name and chose this one. Cute, eh? ;) <3