The ceremony itself would take place outside, though there would be an aisle and the only white ring we'd stand in would be up at the altar. Within that the ceremony would be conducted in turn of traditional and witch ceremonial.

 Josie had apparently found someone who would do that.

 All of Aron's living family would be coming and it was safe to say I was terrified of meeting his enormous family.

 Two days.

 I swallowed and looked down at the rock on my finger, trying to maintain clear thoughts of what everything meant. Two more days and I would forever be bound to this vampire and the final claiming would take place, his own life extending mine for eternity.

 "...Twinkle lights and a beautiful white tent, right in front of the lake. Oh it will be marvellous. And I've organised some gondolas for those who wish to take scenery of the grounds by water. And the cake is just beautiful..." Josie was babbling on to Willa who looked less than impressed in the floor length pale pink gown.

 "What about the honeymoon?" Alana squeaked, "what's happening there?"

"Aron won't tell me anything! If it's anything like my honeymoon you won't want to come back!"

"Honeymoon?" I asked frowning. I didn't even know we were doing that. "Doesn't Aron have to run this place or something?"

"Alrik is stepping in dear," Josie began putting pins in Willa's dress.

"How much more of school will I miss?"

"You've had a special pardon Ashia," Josie said with pins in her teeth, "you're not expected back for a month. Alana is going to collect your work and tutor you when you arrive home."

Willa snorted, "you guys really like to keep her in the loop of things don't you?"

 "The honeymoon is a surprise Willa, kind of like your visit," Josie's voice came out tight and the room suddenly felt uncomfortable.

 Alana cleared her throat, "So... When do all the guests start arriving?"

 Josie brightened, "our family is due in tomorrow as well as Ashia's. I believe the rest will arrive the day before the wedding."

 "So how will dinner work, some guests have a bowl of soup and the vampires have a human to drain?" 

My eyes flashed to Willa's in horror, "Willa!"

 "What?" She said her eyes wide and innocent.

 Josie smiled tightly, "I think a goblet of blood will do. Alright girls, dresses off, I believe our groom is becoming impatient. Ash I'll help with yours."

 -

 Aron held my hand in the crook of his arm as we strolled the garden under the moonlight. The tents were being set up as well as the lighting and whatever else Josie had planned. This was not only my wedding but also my coming out to the coven. 

"S-so there's no weird ceremony where I have to drink all the blood of all the vampires?" I found myself teasing as we walked toward the aisle.

 Aron chuckled and shook his head, "no."

 "Well good," I said lightly. "Otherwise that may have been a deal breaker."

 "You're in good spirits today," he commented.

 Shrugging I eased my hand out of his arm and tucked a stray hair behind my ear, "I saw my sister in pink today. I never knew if that day would come. My family – I get to see them too...and my old coven. I feel...happier."

 Aron came to a stop and took my hands in his, holding them over his heart. "I'm glad," he murmured as he tugged me closer, gently pressing his lips to mine.

My eyes fluttered closed instantly as his lips caressed my own, his hand freeing mine and going to my cheek, his thumb ghosting over my cheekbone. My own flattened against his chest as I edged closer, no distance being left between us.

 "Ahem," Willa fake coughed and I quickly pulled away from Aron as I turned to face her. "Oh don't look so annoyed Grandpa, Josephine sent me down here to tell you that you have an early guest."

 -

"Sebastian!" Aron greeted his friend with a respectable hand shake to which his friend pulled him in for a man hug.

 "Aron, you're getting old," Sebastian smirked. "This is my beautiful bride Olivia, Olivia this is the bane of my existence."

 "And here I was thinking that I was the bane of your existence," Olivia said with a pout before nodding respectfully at Aron. "Pleasure to meet you Lord Aron."

 "Welcome to our home," Aron said formally as his hand tightened on mine. "I would like for you to meet Ashia, my bride."

 "Ah, the lady that has him all tied up in knots. He's never called me so much before he met you."

 My face flamed and I tried to ignore the glare Aron sent his friend. "It's a pleasure to meet both of you," I smiled at Olivia who smiled back.

 "You're early," Aron said in a clipped tone.

 "I'm either late or early, you pick Aron. Anyhow I would like to be shown to my quarters if possible, we had a long journey and I am both famished and exhausted. Lot of hearts pumping in here," he nodded at Willa and I and I felt somewhat uneasy.

 "Maggie please take our guest to his room and fetch him some food" he ordered the human lady standing off to the side of the room.

 "No need for food," Sebastian cut in. "Olivia tastes far better than processed packaging."

 He fed from her?

 She looked pretty happy about it.

 The two were escorted from the room and I found my arm hooked in Willa's. 

"Come on Ash, I haven't had the tour yet," she then dragged me away from Aron.

 -

 We strolled the halls of portraits and I looked over the many family that Aron had. Several had grey lace over the top of them and I assumed those were the ones who died when his family was attacked.

 "So," Willa sighed, "you're really settling in hey?"

I shrugged, "should I not be?" I was met with silence as we reached the blank space where Aron and I would be positioned, beside his families portrait. I gazed at his sister, wondering if her regal beauty had been as brutally torn apart as Aron had described.

"A lot werewolves will never forgive Aron for separating two mates," Willa muttered.

I found myself bristling at her blatant lack of respect. "I'm sure Aron will never forgive them for tearing apart his family. What happened was wrong."

"You haven't seen the werewolf mate power in action; they will literally be in physical pain for the rest of their lives, being so close but so far away. Surely after all these years he'd be more compassionate and merciful."

I frowned and faced her directly, "I don't know if I agree with how he handled his revenge, but everyone grieves differently."

 "It's just wrong. They've suffered long enough."

We were once again engulfed in silence and for the third time since Willa's arrival I felt uncomfortable and awkward, having to defend my relationship.

"So your  portrait will join all these?"

 "Yes, I guess it will."

 "Ashia!" We both spun around to see Alana running down the hall toward us, grinning. "Josie wants to do a final fitting."

 Willa groaned and I snapped in annoyance.

 "Seriously Willa, what is wrong with you!?" I demanded. "Can you just try and pretend to be happy for me? Even if you aren't, please just for my sake pretend! I was so looking forward to you coming here and helping me...all you've done is whine and roll your eyes. Don't bother coming to the fitting!" 

I found myself stomping down the hall, trying to ignore the wilting of the plants on the exposed balconies as I stormed past them.

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/