imagination | r. malek

song: imagination by shawn mendes

also let's pretend rami's 18 and your 17 in this imagine. :)

✭・.・✫・゜

You were in a café, rushing through an assignment that has to be submitted the next day. You were typing down on your keyboard anything that comes to your head. You sipped some of your vanilla latte and took a small bite of blueberry cheesecake before typing on your keyboard again.

You chose to stay in the café as it was practically your second home. You would lounge there after school and always hang out with your friends there. Y/F/N was a barista at the café so that was also one of the reasons you would always be there.

"Y/N, you look exhausted." Y/F/N said. You rolled your eyes, "I have to complete this by today, friend." She dragged her feet and walked back to the counter and served her customers. As you were typing and gathering information in your head, your laptop screen was being pushed down. You saw a gentleman, with spiking blue eyes, standing at your table, smiling at you.

"Hey there. I'm Rami, Rami Malek. Is this seat taken?" He said in a rapsy tone. "uh- Y/N, Y/N L/N. nope, you can sit there," you stuttered. He was from the same school as you and little did you know, he had a slight crush on you since the start of the school year. Rami was a shy kid in school. "You look tired, need a hand?" Rami said as he broke the awkward silence between you two. You nodded as an answer.

He grabbed a chair and sat beside you. Your heart started beating very fast as his hands met yours while helping you type on the keyboard. It sent shivers when you felt his touch, but at the same time, you felt safe.

✭・.・✫・゜

You and Rami had finally completed the assignment and you heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank you, Rami, for being here, if not, I'll not even finish this on time." You said with a grateful smile. "It's no problem, Y/N." he replied. Both of you kept on talking and ranting about school life, and you guys hit it off really well.

"Ready to go?" He says. "Yep," you nodded.

As you both stepped out of the café, you inhaled a breath of fresh air. It was already 6 in the evening and Rami insisted on walking you home even though you said that you could do it yourself. Rami was a true gentleman with you and you felt butterflies in your stomach whenever he said something sweet.

Walking along the streets of New York, you heard a teenage boy, busking.

i wanna tell you
how beautiful you are
from where i'm standing,
you got me thinking what we
could because

Rami looked at you after he heard those lyrics. You blushed slightly, am I developing feelings for him?

this is typical of love
can't wait anymore, i won't wait
i need to tell you how i feel
when I see us together forever

It started to rain as you felt drop of water fell on your head. More and more started to pour, you and Rami quickly ran to the shelter. You scavenge your bag and got out your umbrella.

"Here, Rami." you said. "I just live a few blocks away, I'm sure I don't need it." He insisted. You just gave the umbrella to him anyways and smirked, "you know when to give it back to me."

After Rami went home, he saw some writing on the umbrella.

when lost, please contact xx-xxxx-xxxxx
and return it to me. :-)
-Y/N

At least I have her number now, Rami thought and smiled to himself.