chapter 7

Onahi's pov

I woke up early today so I decided to take my time to sort out what I'm going to wear to school. I was determined to make my high school life enjoyable and nothing- I mean Nothing-is going to stop me from doing that. Not even that sexy tattooed boy ... gosh I need to stop thinking about him. I did my morning routine and now...my clothes.

I settled on something that I loved. It screamed me and brought out my personality.

I styled my hair and took a look at myself in the mirror

I styled my hair and took a look at myself in the mirror. Oooooh, I looked like a snack. Like a yummy burger with its cheese melting and it's beef cooked to perfectio- yup, I guess I'm really hungry.

I stood at the entrance of my school debating whether to enter or go back home. I mean I look good but I don't feel good.
I hope you are not having second thoughts girl. What the fuck is wrong with you

Umm who are you

Bitch, me is you, you is me. We the same.

I'm talking to myself right now? That's not right... And it's 'I am you and you are me' what you said back there was wrong

You don't have time to correct me. People are looking at you like you are crazy. Get into the fucking school.

Oh jeezzz, I forgot I was still at the entrance. Here goes nothing.. deep breaths. I walked into the school with my head down and my hands on my bag straps. Back at my old school in Nigeria, you were either popular or not..period but here I could see different groups of people . I was to busy shying away from everyone yesterday to notice this.

The bell rang for the first lesson and I quickly went to class. "Onahi over here" cierra said.. a little to loud if I may add. It's nice to know that there's someone I know here.....though she is the only one I know .

As I walked to my sit, alot of people were staring at me with shocked expressions. I even heard a girl say " is that the new African girl?" Yessssss.. that's me, it's really me.

I dropped my bag and sat on my sit. I turned to greet cierra but I was met with an awe struck look. " Umm cierra, are you ok?" Wandering what was wrong with her. " You look good girl, like hot not that I'm lesbian or anything I'm just saying that you look really sexy in an appropriate way for boys-"

"It's fine" I said knowing she won't stop rambling. This girl makes me laugh. " I decided to try something more..Me this time." And hopefully everyone will notice that.

Cierra chuckled" well trust me, this new look is good". The class began and I put in more efforts into jotting down stuff in my note. No distractions this time.

Before I knew it..it was lunch time which meant going into that big hall filled with nasty, judging students. I wasn't looking forward to lunch at all but cierra pulled me to the cafeteria. We sat down with our lunch and started talking about random things. I found out that cierra has an older brother and 3 younger siblings. She is really lucky.

"I really love your accent you know" cierra sighed looking at me. " I know, you have told me like a thousand times now" I couldn't help but let out a small laugh". But we were interrupted by someone.

"If it isn't our new African monkey and her lonely friend". I looked up to see Diana Roland and her minions. No, this is too cliché I mean why must she have minions. Why can't she just be alone.

WAIT!!! What did she call me?, By now everywhere was quiet. " She didn't do anything to you, you didn't have to call her that" cierra tried to help me. "I wasn't talking to you bitch" Diana sneered at her. She had the audacity to call me a monkey.. a freaking monkey!!. I'm going to handle this my way.

" Diana, I really don't understand why you would call me that. I haven't done anything to you...yet" I replied with a smirk on my face. This seemed to infuriate her. Her eyes were burning with anger but I will not let her have the last word. " I'll suggest you leave us right now, you don't want to see what this African monkey can do to you".

With that I grabbed cierra's hand and dragged her out of there not forgetting the food I left behind. It hurts me to waste food like that.

"Onahi what you did there was awesome". Cierra said with a weird look on her face. No one messes with me now. We were about to go when‐‐‐‐
"Yoooo, wait up"