𝐢 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 | 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐚

(first person pov)

mattia and i have been close since we were toddlers. we've been there for each other through thick and thin, and i couldn't ask for a better person to call my best friend. even if i secretly wanted to be more.

tonight we were at a party hosted by a friend of ours, and mattia was currently getting himself something to drink. he was already heavily intoxicated, but i decided to lay low on the drinks tonight as i wasn't a huge fan of hangovers.

i was dancing in the living room when suddenly i felt a large pair of hands grab my waist. i turned around, expecting to be faced with mattia, but instead i was faced with some total stranger that i assumed went to my school.

"hey sexy," he smirked at me, his breath reeking of vodka, "wanna go upstairs and have some fun? i promise you won't regret it." he asked with a wink.

i internally cringed. "no thanks, i think i'm good." i said, gently pushing him away from me.

"awww come on, thats no fun. why not, princess?" he asked with a mock sad expression on his face, placing his hands back on my waist.

"i have a boyfriend." i lied, shoving him away with more force this time. usually that lie works for me. apparently not tonight.

"that's strange, i don't see one here." he smirked again, leaning his face into my neck.

"yo bro, she said she's not interested. back off." mattia said angrily as he walked up from behind me, shoving the guy off of me.

the guy looked at him condescendingly. "and who's this? your boyfriend? yeah right, i've seen you two around the school. y'all are stuck in the friend zone." he scoffed. why couldn't he just take the hint and leave?

"actually," mattia began, "i am her boyfriend." he placed his arm around my shoulders and my eyes widened for a split second before i decided to play along.

"i don't believe it. you two got voted closest friends in the yearbook for fucks sake. why can't we just fuck and get it over with, huh?" the guy asked with more dominance in his voice. i would've been scared if mattia wasn't right by me.

"because, we're together you asshole. what the fuck don't you get? would best friends do this?" mattia spat before grabbing my face and pressing his lips against mine.

i had to stop myself from gasping. he was a much better kisser than i could ever imagine. i swear i felt electricity course through my veins. he tasted of alcohol, but i didn't care. i didn't ever want to stop kissing him. but almost as soon as it started, mattia pulled away and turned to face the guy.

he quickly hid the look of anger on his face with a roll of his eyes. "whatever, you aren't even that fucking hot." he stated before storming away.

after a few seconds of awkward silence between me and mattia, i let out a nervous cough. "uh, thanks for helping me get rid of him." i chuckled, looking up at him from the side. i noticed that his arm was still wrapped around my shoulders, and that there was a subtle blush taking over his face.

"it was no problem, you know i'll always be here for you when you need me. besides, he was even creeping me out," he laughed, which in turn caused me to laugh too, "do you, uh, want anything to drink?" he asked, turning his head to look at me. he had some of my lipgloss smeared across his lips.

"no, thank you." i said with a grimace. i really was not in the mood for a hangover tomorrow.

"suit yourself. i'll be right back." he said, finally removing his arm to walk to the kitchen.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

it's been a few hours since my kiss with mattia, and i could not get it off my mind for the life of me. he was drunk as hell right now, i don't know if he even remembers it.

i decided it was time for me to take him home when he decided to take a nap on my lap while i was sitting on the couch.

after a few minutes of struggling to walk him to the car and buckle him into the passenger seat, i got in the drivers side and started driving to my house. no way i'm letting him go home like this.

he stared at me from his side of the car, making me feel nervous.

"what is it? is there something on my face?" i asked when i decided the staring had gone on for too long.

"yeah," he said with a laugh. i looked over at him questioningly and he continued, "you're just really pretty. i like your face." he chuckled.

i laughed too. "thanks." i said, trying to ignore the blush that was rushing to my cheeks. he's called me pretty before, beautiful even, many times. it always makes me blush, but it was different now that we've kissed.

he stared at me the rest of the ride, and when we got to my place he was a bit more cooperative with getting out of the car and into the house. my mom had the night shift, so it didn't matter that we got here at 2am.

after i closed and locked the front door, i turned on the light and looked to mattia, who was staring back at me with a blank expression.

"what's wrong?" i asked, and for a few seconds he didn't answer me.

"nothing. it's just... i think that- i don't know i just really thought that," he took a deep breathe before looking me deep in my eyes, "did you feel anything when we kissed?" he asked finally.

i was taken aback to say the least. "what do you mean? like sparks?," i asked, to which he nodded his head, "i don't know i mean- did you?" i asked, causing him to nod his head again.

i licked my lips and looked down at my shoes. "i don't really know what to say. i mean obviously i felt them too, i just didn't want to say anything because-" i started before he cut me off by grabbing my face and kissing me for the second time ever.

this time it was slower. more meaningful. we didn't have anything to prove to anyone but ourselves. i wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his on my waist because we couldn't get enough. after a while, he pulled away to look me in the eyes with his nose brushing against my own.

"i've has a crush on you since the second grade. i never said anything because i never thought you would feel the same. ive never looked at another girl romantically because of you. i know i'm drunk but that doesn't mean i don't mean what i'm saying. i mean- shit. i think i'm in love you." he admitted, out of breath.

i smiled. i cant believe my best friend feels the same way i've felt all these years. "i love you too, mattia." i said back, which caused a show-stopping smile to grow on his face. he pulled me in for yet another kiss.

and to think, we finally broke out of the friend zone all because a creep was trying to have sex with me.
_______________
𝐡𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝  𝐢'𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 :) 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐥

-𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞