1.0 | LIFE OR DEATH

THE SNAP RICOCHETED ITS DESTRUCTION ACROSS THE COSMOS...

___

Far away on TITAN, moments after the metal snap of death by the Mad Titan, a young boy shuddered a shaky breath as his brown eyes widened in horror. The hair on his arms stood on end as he whipped his gaze around, staring at his mentor whose own face had paled.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter called out, moving beside his mentor to help him stand up. He cast his eyes around the orange planet once again, a chill nipping at his bruised skin. Something was wrong. "Can you feel that?"

"Strange? What's happening?" Tony called out, his face dropping after noticing the cast down look painted on the Sorcerer. "Strange?" He repeated with a bated breath.

An icy breeze whipped over the Protectors of the Galaxy and Earth, each of them shivering as the touch of destiny kissed their skin.

"No, no." Tony whispered. His heart shattering when he realised what had happened.

Thanos had snapped his fingers.

The Mad Titan had won.

The Avengers had lost.

Tony clenched his hand around Peter's metal shoulder, locking eyes with the young boy whose own were filled with worry. He could barely force out the words he wanted to say. I'm sorry. I'm sorry I failed.

"Quill?"

Tony and Peter turned their heads towards the panicked voice of Mantis. Her hands were shaking. Quill walked towards her, his hand outstretched, but by the time he reached her, she had fallen through his fingers like sand. Quill choked out a disgruntled sound.

"Mantis?" Drax breathed out, his eyes watching the dust fly around them.

"What's happening? Where did she go?" Peter rushed out, his young heart beating loudly.

Tony closed his eyes for a moment. A shooting pain went through his chest. His left arm was aching.

"Drax?" Quill whispered with bated breath. His eyes shimmering with unshed tears as he watched another one of his family members fall through his fingers. "God, no. No!"

Nebula dropped her gaze to the floor. "What have you done Leena?" Her voice was layered with pain.

Peter was shaking. He could barely hold himself up as his throat tightened with fear. He glanced at Tony. "Mr. Stark?"

Tony lifted his tired eyes open, glancing at Peter with a weary face. What could he say?

"Oh shit," Peter breathed out, his voice shaking. "We — we can do something! Right? We have to do s—something?"

"Tony," Doctor Strange called out. Tony glanced over his shoulder at the weary-faced Sorcerer. "Find her."

Tony's brows furrowed. "Find who?" He called out, his words catching Nebula and Quill's attention. The latter clenched his fists.

"Leena?" Nebula interrupted only to shudder a breath when she noticed Tony stumble.

Peter choked out a sob when he saw the dust fly around him, he lifted his shaky hands up, flipping them over to see if it was him. Only to pause. His mouth parted in horror. He turned to look at Tony and released another choked sob.

"No, no, no!" His child-like voice shook with fear. His hands reached out to grab Tony's shoulders as he slumped to the ground. "No, not you as well! Not you!"

"Pete," Tony whispered softly, his mahogany brown eyes swimming with tears. A single tear trailed down his blood streaked cheek as he leaned against Peter. "Kid, it's okay."