Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities

Start from the beginning

Weiss: I figured that's why you came.

Weiss: Thank you, Klein.

As he soon left the room, she too would follow, leaving Piper with her treat as she began to roam the halls of her father's manor; The color scheme of white and blue made blindingly obvious across the entire home. As she walked alone, looking down at the blue carpets, her head peeked up as her younger brother startled her with his presence.

Whitley: Good afternoon, sister.

Weiss: !

Weiss: Whitley, you little-!

Whitley: A pleasure to see you out of your room for a change.

Taking a deep breath, Weiss responded to him politely as she sidestepped him.

Weiss: Hello, Whitley. You're in a cheery mood today.

Whitley: Klein made crepes for breakfast.

The boy began to smirk as she asked.

Weiss: What do you want?

Whitley: I heard father shouting with someone in his study earlier today.

Weiss: Mother?

Whitley: No, she's out in the garden drinking already. I think it was a man.

Weiss: An investor, probably.

Whitley: I just wanted to warn you. I heard that he asked to speak with you.

Weiss: I'll be fine.

Whitley: I know you will. You're strong, like Winter.

Now glaring at her brother, Weiss stated.

Weiss: You never liked Winter.

Whitley: That is true, but you can't deny her resolve.

Weiss: You... seem different.

Whitley: And you've been gone.

Weiss: And what's that supposed to mean?

Whitley: I'll have you know, I didn't stop growing while you were away at Beacon.

Turning away from his sister, Whitley began to leave, uttering one last sentence before leaving her sight.

Whitley: Anyways, good luck with father!

Weiss: Right...

As he left her alone once more, she muttered as she continued on.

Weiss: Thank you.

As she reached her father's study, she could hear his voice from outside the door in the middle of a tense discussion.

Jacques: I'm not talking about the good of my company; I'm talking about the good of Atlas, our entire Kingdom!

Ironwood: That is a load of garbage and you know it.

Weiss: General?

Hesitantly, Weiss slowly opened the door and entered silently as the two men continued their argument.