|7|

your pov

!the next morning!

the loud beeping of an alarm startled me awake, i prop myself up not recognizing where i was at first. then i see david with his arms loosely draped around my waist and the memories come back. the nightmare, the cuddling, the... awkward moment we had shared. i'm snapped out of my thoughts as david's eyes flutter open.

"good morning" i smile shyly at him as he sits up.

"morning" he groggily replies, smiling back. i glance at the bandage on his head and i notice the little bit of blood leaking through.

"lemme change your bandage"
my feet pad across the carpeted floor into the guest bathroom, where i pull out the supplies and i carefully pull the bandage off the side of his head.

"sorry" i apologize as i notice him wince.

"it's okay" he smiles, watching me clean the would before re bandaging it.

"All done" i smile proudly at my work while patting the top of his head of messy hair. he chuckles while standing up slowly, tiredly.

"so, we've gotta deal with the press today, and going back to that dreaded house." david tells me to which i nod. that's what i was expecting of today. after a quick shower, getting dressed, and a small breakfast, we're headed out the door.

the station is surrounded by reporters just begging to ask questions. we ignore them and push though the doors.
right when we get inside we're greeted with fellow officers congratulating us and giving pats on the back. we let out smiles and thank yous, before getting to our desks. it felt good, saving those girls, but press is annoying, and i honestly didn't care about the recognition. i'm just glad the girls are ok. after a days work it was time to head back to the house where we shot alexes mom. my shoes crunch in the small layer of snow in the ground, my eyes avoiding the old house. we get to the backyard and we stand next to each other silently, the wind blowing while we watch the team dig for evidence.

my thoughts were cut off at the speaking in the distance.

"okay team let's pack it up for the night. it's supposed to snow harder soon."

within minutes the site is mostly closed up, and its just me and david.
i open my mouth to say something but i close it right up at the sound of a faint whistle. i give david a 'did you hear that?' look and he nods faintly, as if nodding too much would create a noise. it happens a few more times before we walk twoards the sound.

"under the car... hello!? is someone down there?!" i shout down under the car.

"help..." i hear a weak voice.

"ok ok we need to move this car, it looks like a hole or something must be under there!" loki says whilst calling for backup. i get in noticing the keys are still in there, and i quickly move the car forwards. i hop out and watch as david moves the wood to the side, and right before our eyes is someone we least expected. keller. (I KNOW KELLER WAS ARRESTED I KINDA DUG MYSELF INTO A HOLE WITH THIS ONE AHHH, let's say he was let out of jail on bail! :)  )

"holyyy shit." david mumbles.

"um ok ok keller? stay calm and stay with me. okay?" i tell him watching as he nods faintly. we keep talking to him until backup arrives and he's pulled off in the ambulance, us following behind.

"this feels like the 100th statement we've filled out these past 2 weeks or so." i groan, quickly filling out the paper.

"i know, i could practically do this with my eyes closed" he jokes, to which i giggle.

we hand our papers to o'malley, and he looks up at us.

"you two can go home now, you both look fucking dead." he tells us. i didn't have the energy to reply, simply rolling my eyes and walking out to the car. we drive off back to his place and i sit silently, watching the snow fall and trying to ignore all the stress of everything.

"well, day off tomorrow." david breaks the silence, trying to lighten the mood.

"yeah. thank god. if i don't get a good nights sleep i think i might die." i tell him just as we pull up.
we rush inside and i get into more comfortable clothes before sitting down on his couch. i mindlessly pay attention to whatever's on, and i look up from the tv at the sound of david walking into the living room. i watch as he turns down the volume before sitting next to me.

"hey, i wanted to talk to you, you know, about last night." he says. my heart rate speeds up a little as i nod in agreement.

"i'm sorry. i didn't want to push you away i'm just- just scared. i've never even had a boyfriend. weird right? and, i've just been so sad lately because of all this stress and i would never want to pull you down with me. basically, i want you to kiss me. but i'm so scared."
i let it all out, tears filling my eyes, looking away from him as i finish.
his hand cups my chin and he moves my face to look back at him through my watery eyes.

"i understand how you're feeling and i'm always here for you to talk to. i want to make sure you're okay, and you don't ever have to feel scared around me. all i want to do is make sure you're safe. you'd never drag me down, i'm here to hold you up, if you'll let me." he reassures me. i nod, staring at him straight in the eyes for a while. we seemed to just study each other, just like in my dream, but this time it was real. i take a silent breath in while david moves in slowly. i do the same, closing the small gap between us as his lips connect with mine and our eyes flutter closed.
my arms snake around his neck while it feels like fireworks are exploding in me.

"ill let you help me, if i can help you." i breath out as our lips disconnect, although just centimeters apart. he rests his forehead on mine, a real smile appearing for once.

"you got it."