|5|

your pov

quietly, i glance around.

"where the hell would she be at this time of night?" i whisper, assuming she's not home.

"no fucking idea." david sighs out, an annoyed tone laced in his voice. just as we were about to leave, not wanting to invade too much of her privacy since we didn't have a warrant, we heard a slam. i jump a little before shooting david a look.
we head twoards the noise, my heel hitting the ground as silently as possible as to not make noise. as we inch closer to the sound, my heart rate speeds up. we had no idea what the hell to expect and i had a bad feeling.

once we walk up to the room, the sight was horrid. alex's mom was kneeling over the two passed out missing girls, and she was injecting something into keller's daughters arm.

"HANDS UP. DROP THE FUCKING NEEDLE." david shouts, both of our guns drawn.

"make sure they cremate me, i sure as hell don't want to be put in some fucking box." (IK THATS NOT THE EXACT QUOTE) she mumbles, barely audible as she quickly turns around with her own gun drawn.

"GUN GUN GUN" i scream, as everything seemed to go in slow motion. three gunshots echoed, me, david's, and her gun. i watch as our bullets go  through her head and i immediately turn to david watching him stumble back. there was blood dripping down the side of his head and some hit the wall behind him.

"oh fuck!! david!!" i shout immediately running to him and putting a hand on the side of his head.

"no no the girls!!" he shouts, wincing as we both scramble twoards them. i pick up the birches daughter as david picks up the dovers.

"here i'll drive" i breath out as we rush into the police car, alex still in the back. i give both the girls to david , i get into the drivers seat and we speed off.

"w-what's going on..?" alex asks, to which i completely ignore.

"hey D, stay awake, stay awake for me okay? put pressure on your head." i continue to talk to him the whole ride there in an attempt to keep him awake.

"ah.. ok ok" he breathes out, holding the side of his head while also holding onto the girls. i pull up right to the entrance and i quickly run to the passenger side. grabbing birches daughter again, the four of us get inside the hospital, alex STILL chilling in the back.

"HELP US! HELP US PLEASE!" i scream watching as nurses run over quickly, taking david and the girls. once they're out of sight i drop to my knees, sobbing out of pure relief and fear. fear that the girls won't make it. fear that david won't make it.

"here come on honey, let's just check you out." a nurse calmly says, a hand on my shoulder. i glance up at her, nodding.

"yeah yeah, okay." i agree with her, standing up slowly.

after getting checked out, they told me i was fine. but i didn't care. i sat in the waiting room all night and as soon as i could i rushed into david's room after hearing the girls are doing okay. my heart sinks at the sight of him laying in bed, his head wrapped up where he was shot.

i quietly pull a chair up as to not wake him, and i take his much larger hand in mine. hell, we weren't even dating. i had no reason to be here. but i had stopped ignoring the fact that i had feelings for him. i knew they weren't going away anytime soon, especially because we're partners and i spend literally every day with him. with a small sigh, i rest my forehead against the bar of the hospital bed.

10 minutes later.

my head perks up at the feeling of david's hand lightly squeezing mine.

"hey D..!" i exclaim quietly as to not startled him, watching as he sits up slowly.

"take it easy okay, here." i say as i move his pillows so he can lean back on them.

"i wasn't expecting to see anyone here when i woke up." he mumbles, his voice raspy. i hand him a glass of water to which he drinks quickly, letting out a thank you.

"you know i wouldn't let you be here alone." i whisper, my eyes trained on the floor now. david stares at our intertwined hands, as he soothingly runs a thumb over my knuckles without thinking about it really.

david didn't want to admit it, but he too had feelings for his partner that he had initially deemed annoying. he hadn't had feelings for anyone, ever really. and he was scared. he was scared to accept them. but he liked the feeling of YN's hand in his.

"hey, you know i-"

suddenly david's cut off and the door is pushed open, revealing the two girls that we had risked our lives for.

"aww hey girls!" i exclaim, kneeling down in front of their wheel chairs. they smile happily, giving little waves. i could see the gratitude in their eyes.

"sorry to interrupt, we all just wanted to say thank you for everything you two have done." mrs dover states, as she wipes a tear away shakily.

"of course mrs dover, were glad the girls are okay." i smile sweetly at them all, david staying silent but not being able to hold back a faint smile of relief and happiness.

"come on girls, let's go get a snack." mrs birch whispers to them to which they happily nod. once the door closes again, i turn back to david who was already standing up.

"ready to go already?" i question with a small smile.

"yep, i hate the hospital, and i figured maybe we could go get something to eat? we deserve to celebrate."

"that sounds great. i haven't left the hospital for like 2 days so i'm ready to go too."

"really? you stayed here this whole time for me?" he genuinely asks, surprised anyone would do that for him.

"well yeah, i was really worried about you. i didn't even consider leaving." i admit, taking in a breath of fresh air as we step out into the cold evening. i glance over at david, and he had a soft smile on his face and his cheeks were a light pink. 

~at the Chinese place ~

"so, the doctor said i should watch you for a couple nights, yknow to make sure you're okay." i tell him while taking a bite of food. he nods, glancing up at me.

"okay, should i stay at your place or do you want to stay at mine?" he asks me.

"oh probably your place, all your stuff is there i can pack a quick bag for a few nights." i say smiling lightly.

"okay" he says, smiling back. once we finish our food, we quickly stop at my place, i pack a bag, and we head over to david's.