Oh, welcome!

Soon enough, classes were finally starting and Harry had completely set up his room. He had a bunch of plush cushions and mats for the students to sit on, a red seat at a large desk for himself, and two large perches for Fawkes and his new owl, feral. Feral was a large black owl that looked almost like a hawk, when he had chosen him, the store owner didn't even know what breed he was. Harry loved him and Fawkes and he kept them in his room with an open window for them to fly. He had folded blankets, and even stuffed animals. There where lanterns floating around the room lighting the room as well as the light from the wall of windows to the right. He also had snacks and drinks floating above his desk about 6/7 feet in the air for students to buy. As soon as Harry finished breakfast, he headed back up to his classroom and sat at his desk stroking feral. One by one, his first set of students filed into the classroom whispering quietly. They looked around excitedly at the room and chose some cushions and pillows with their friends. "Fawkes!" Harry called, and soon enough Fawkes appeared in a burst of flames on her stand. "Ooh!" Some of the students exclaimed. Harry smiled and stood from his desk, shut his door and turned to the class. "Hello, as I am sure you know, I am professor potter, welcome to your first defense of the dark arts class!" Harry exclaimed, smiling. "You are first years I believe? He asked. The first years smiled nervously and nodded. "Great. First year was one of my favorite years. Do any of you know any defensive spells?" Harry asked, smiling kindly. One boys hand shot in the air, and Harry smiled. "Yes mister..?" He asked. "Nico, Nico Nikison." The boy replied, grinning. "Ok mister Nikison, what was the defensive spell you had in mind?" Harry asked. "The disarming spell, expelliarmus." The boy replied. "Fantastic, the disarming charm. One of the first spells I learned!" Harry praised. "Now, I would like you all to write some notes before we get to practicing our spells, so please get out your DADA books, and flip to page D13 in the defensive chapter. I would like you to write three spells that you find interesting and give me the Latin definition, what the spell does, and the name of the spell.  Once you have finished please bring your paper up here." As the students got to work, Harry got a piece of parchment and a quill, and began a letter to molly and the Weasley family.
'Dear Weasleys. I have decided to apologize for my behavior towards you for the last few years, I sincerely apologize for not writing or visiting, and I would love it if you would come to my home so we could catch up for the thanksgiving break.
Sincerely, Harry Potter.'
Once he finished, he stood and tied it to feral's leg and sent him off. Harry sat back down just as Nico stood to give him his paper. Nico walked up to Harry's desk and handed Harry his paper. "Thank you mister Nikison, and might I say!" Harry said while looking over his paper. "You quite remind me of my old friend Hermione Weasley. I look forward to teaching you this year." Harry grinned at Nico and he did the same back before sitting back down. Then came a knock at the door. "Come in" Harry said swishing his wand to open the door. "Potter-" Draco started then stopped once he noticed Harry was in the middle of a class. "Sorry students, please excuse me" Harry said stepping into the corridor with Draco. "What do you need Draco?" Harry asked. "Oh, I was just wondering if you would like to get a drink tonight?" Draco asked giving a half smile. "Of course I would love to, but I do have to hurry back, I just left a bunch of first years in a classroom alone, see ya." Harry said quickly. "Yeah bye." Draco said, grinning. " ok class, let us continue." Draco heard Harry say happily as he walked down the hall. And with that, I shall leave you on a cliff hanger, love your lovely author, Charlie.