Chapter 21 - Unbelievable

MERETIANA'S POV
My face is filled with fear as he begins to yell at me.

"FUCK LEE! I FLY MY ASS ALL THE WAY TO TONGA TO HERE COS YOU FUCKING COMMITTED SUICIDE BECAUSE OF SOME GUYS. THEN I SEE YOU FUCKING MAKING OUT WITH ONE OF THOSE GUYS! MAN LEE, I WISH WHY YOU WOULD ACT LIKE THIS" he yells stoping the engine.

I wipe the tears of my face and run to my room. I notice no one is home. I quickly close my door, but not quick enough. Teu slams the door open and walks towards me. He then does something I've never seen him do.

He hit me.

Slapping me continuously until my cheeks are red while screaming at me. "I WANTED TONGA TO DISCIPLINE YOU. INSTEAD YOU GO RUN OF WITH YOUR KILLERS. " He yells while continuing to hit me.

I continue to cry.

I then hear the door open followed by Saia. He rushes over to me and covers me from Teu's hits.

"MOVE OUT OF THE WAY" Teu demands. "No, your hurting her" Saia replies. Teu's face is filled with anger. He clenches his fists and angrily walks out of my room.

I cry into Saia's chest. "Far Mere, he beat you badly" Saia says looking at the bruises on my arms. "I'm ok" I say brushing off his hands. "No your not" he quickly runs to the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

He comes back and hands it to me. "Sorry, I don't know how to use" he awkwardly says then I tell him to leave the room. He does as so.
How he heck am I going to perform tomorrow?

I cry myself to sleep that night. Knowing it was the first time Teu abused me. He never does that. And he never hits me. Obviously I was wrong. I hide deep into the blankets and cover myself.
****
I wake up. It's 4:07PM! I slept for that long! I softly walk to the living room to find Teu. He is sitting on the couch with his face in his hands. He looks at me with a face of regret.

I continue to walk to the bathroom. I see my cuts are noticeable. I take the make up bag from the lower cabinet and cover my cuts with concealer. It barely looks like I used makeup.

I brush my hair and braid it into a fish braid. I rush to my room and slam the door behind me. I change into a LA love shirt and some 3 quarter jeans. I out on some un even socks so my feet don't get cold against the marble floor.

I sit beside Teu who still has his face in his hands."Mere?" He says softly. "Yeh" I reply. "I'm sorry for hitting you yesterday. I just lost it and I didn't know what to do" he apologises.

He kisses my forehead as I lean against him. "I'm glad to see your enjoying yourself. Just don't make stupid decisions" he adds. "I'm not.And I surprisingly love it in Tonga" I smile.

"That's good your getting to know dad's homeland. Did Aunty tell you that your performing at next months church fundraiser?" He asks. "Huh? Nah she didn't tell me anything." I answer.

"You know your doing a TONGAN dance" he informs me. "I don't even know what the Tongan dances a called. Can't I just do a moteatea or a poi dance?" I beg. He nods his head, no.

"It's called a tau'olunga" he laughs pulling out his phone and pressing on the YouTube app. He searches the dance and then selects a video. As I watch, my jaw lowers.

The girl is so oily. And her hand actions are smooth as while she nods her head. And people are giving her money! I want some money.. Her hands are moving softly and not stiff. She smiles throughout the whole dance.

"I can't do that" I confess. "Sure you can lee, Aunty can teach you" he chuckles softly. My face is still overcome with shock. I look at the clock and it's 5:32. We have been talking for an hour?

I decide to take a shower. The cold water boils over my cuts. Mid-way through the shower I just realise something. I already did my makeup. Nice one, now I'll have to start all over again.

I hop out of the shower and dry myself. I wear a peach t-shirt and a long black skirt. I wear my peach flats underneath. Apply makeup over my cuts is hard since they sting so badly.

I check the time once again. 6:47. I do take forever to do anything. I walk out and find everyone in the living room. Including Sita & Lose. I take a seat on the floor next to Lose.

"So, Mateu already telling you about your tau'olunga at the church fing" Aunty smiles as she braids me hair. "I can not move like that" I play each word out of my mouth.

"Sure you can sis, you just gotta call your inner girl" Lose laughs. So does Teu when she says "inner girl". "Lee doesn't have an inner girl. She doesn't even know how to use mascara properly" Teu chuckles.

True. The first time I saw mascara, I thought it was supposed to create scars on your cheeks or something. Sita & Lose offers to teach me a dance as Aunty smiles agreeingly.

We say a family prayer.

After, the time is 7:38. We all pile into the truck and ride in the back.
Arriving where we are to perform. It's pact as usual. Something I've gotten used to. I find out that I'm last to perform so that's good.

Instantly finding Lafaele, I jump on his back, within a few seconds he notices it's me. "Hey girl" he smiles as I jump off him. "Hey" I smile back and kiss his cheek.

We kiss for a bit until Sita pulls me away. "Don't be keeping her all to yourself" she laughs. "I just wanna spend time with my girlfriend Sita" he throws his hands up in surrender.

She folds her arm. "Fine. But if I see you guys again. You better not be sucking each other's face off" she warns then walks over to Lose and we both start laughing. "So, where were we?" He smirks placing his hands on my waist and pulling me in.

"Nah, you missed your chance" I place a hand on his chest and push him back. "C'mon" he pleads while bending over and kissing my neck. "Lafaele. Stop. I still have to perform" I lift his chin up and he gives me those puppy dog eyes.

Man his eyes. You could literally look at them and instantly forget what you were talking about. And you could just stare and forget about anything and everything. What was I talking about again?

He turns me around and wraps his hands around my stomach. We stand there and watch the other contestants perform. As soon as the man before me is called to perform, I leave Lafaele and walk to the tent beside the stage.

Ok, ok, no pressure. You did this last.... Week. Remember? Ok now look. He's walking off the stage. It's your turn. Move your feet women. I feel the beat play and I start to rap.

Song ~ Super bass

After the song, I hear the applause. Now, I don't really care what the judges say, I just stand there and nod. Walking of stage, I look for Lose & Sita who are on the other side of the area.

I find Lose grinning while Sita looks, over the moon happy. "What's up with her?" I ask Lose. "Ms. Sita here has a date" Lose answer nudging Sita. "What? Who?" I question.

"Kaina" Sita smiles. Hold up, Kaina & Sita? Why didn't I think of that before? They looked perfect together and Kaina was single so...... Uh I'm missing the point. Sita has a date! When tho?

"Tomorrow night" she smiles again. Was I thinking out loud? Bahaha the song. I say bye to them before heading back home with the rest. Teu is still shocked that I can dance like that. I get home and fall asleep. That's like the #1 thing im good at.
*************************************************************************Another Chapter Finish!
VoteCommentFollow
Kaina & Sita. 😊
Enjoy