The Green Shoes

A/N: This is a sequel to my Meteor Heaven feature "Baby Crocs" so if you haven't read that yet, do head over to meteor_heaven and read the story "Baby Crocs" in the book "In Every Universe".

Many thanks again to my sis evfabricando for gifting me with the title for that story and also, even though it's been several months, how exciting was it that two printed copies of the "In Every Universe" book were given to Didi during his fanmeet in Manila, one for him and one for Yue!

I've had a few requests asking me how the story of "Baby Crocs" continues. So do read that first, and then continue reading here. I grappled with this for the longest time as I couldn't think of a satisfactory enough continuation which is why it was delayed for so long. I'm still not sure if this is the best sequel and I'm hoping it's not too cheesy or cliché, but I hope you enjoy it all the same!

Incidentally, this is also the 30th and final part of this book as I thought it would be a nice way to close this. I hope to update "ImPROMPTu" in future so do head over there to read my other stories, and if inspiration strikes, maybe even a new book, who knows? 😉

I'm really thankful for all of you who have shared this journey with me, and happy reading! 😘
————————————————————————
Dong Shancai had never felt such a adrenaline rush in her life. She was feeling on top of the world, and yet terrified at the same time, if that was even possible.

"I can't believe I kicked that narcissistic moron in the face," she panted as she ran all the way home.

After she had landed that flying kick, he had collapsed to the ground in a crumpled heap, unmoving. She had glowered above him for a quick second, before turning and stomping off, Qinghe and Lizhen on her heels. As she left, a strange sense of déjà vu had come over her, it was as if she had lived that very same scene before.

Her victorious high soon came crashing down when she reached home. Her heart sank, thinking about what that pig-headed Daoming Si might do to her. She had single-handedly humiliated the idol of Mingde in front of the whole school.

But there was no turning back now, and indeed, he deserved it! She tried to comfort herself as she scrubbed herself in the shower. Daoming Si needed to be taken down a peg or two, and she had made sure that she had done just that. What would be her fate at Mingde was anyone's guess at this point.

She sighed as she got ready for bed. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day, to say the least.

She just couldn't wait for it to be over.
————————————————————————
The next day Shancai made her way to school, trying to ignore the hushed whispers and furtive looks that were thrown her way.

"That's the girl who kicked Daoming Si!"

"I heard he suffered a concussion and is still unconscious!"

"Apparently his handsome face is badly injured and now disfigured!"

"How dare she do that to Daoming Si! She's going to be in so much trouble!"

Shancai swallowed hard as she approached her locker. She didn't need to deal with all this backlash, not today. She sighed as she slammed it shut, and almost jumped out of her skin when she saw who was standing there.

A very obviously non-concussed Daoming Si stood next to her locker with a smirk on his handsome face, not a hint of disfigurement in sight.

Shancai's jaw almost dropped when she saw him. She opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. She looked at him silently from top to toe, and yes, he was wearing those detestable green crocodile shoes again. Green crocs - why did they seem so familiar now that she had seen them for the second time in two days?