The Interruption

Shancai looked at Si making up a place for him to sleep on the sofa. "What are you doing?" she asked him. He turned to her with a slight hint of annoyance. "What does it look like I'm doing? Making up a place for me to sleep of course!" She stared at him. "Why?"

Now he was really exasperated. The events of the night had taken a toll on him and he was exhausted. Now this bèn dàn girl was asking him silly questions. "Didn't you say 5 years? And didn't I tell you that I would wait?" Shancai looked at him nervously. "Well, yes, but I didn't mean we couldn't sleep in the same bed."

Now it was his turn to stare at her. He was having a real "Women from Venus" moment here. What was this girl getting at? Shancai scooted over and tapped the bed next to her. "You can sleep here. I'm not going to deny you your own bed." She smiled to herself as she recalled how he had slept in the small rollaway with his too-long legs sticking out, whilst she had the huge bed all to herself when they had gone for that beach vacation.

"Are you sure?" Si found himself asking. "Yes" came her reply. "Hurry up before I change my mind and stop being such a prude!" "Look who's talking" he retorted, climbing into the bed next to her. "Good night Daoming Si" he heard her say softly. "Good night baby" he replied.

Shancai lay with her back to him but her eyes were wide open and she couldn't sleep. She then said slowly, "Daoming Si, about that 5 years...maybe I was exaggerating a bit. Are you mad? I've been thinking, and maybe we could erm..continue from where we left off before Zhuang-Jie came in?" There was no reply.

Puzzled, Shancai waited a few seconds before she turned around and found Si fast asleep, snoring gently. "Good night, bèn dàn" she whispered softly before dropping a gentle kiss on his cheek.
————————————————————————
Update: This story is continued on "Imagine If..." written by the wonderfully talented evfabricando entitled "The Uninterrupted".
We started this story as a thread of comments on one of the posts on DramaLindy Instagram account @everyoutfitonmeteorgarden2018 and it's now brought to life on Wattpad!