***Kai's POV***

I stared at my mother as she smiled at me. 

"Kai, baby. It's been a while, i've missed you. You look so handsome!" She said. Somehow her voice sounded muted, like I wasn't really hearing it. 

"Don't bullshit us, Mom. Tell us what you want and leave," Naomi snapped, sitting there in her work clothes. My mom must have come within the hour. 

"Naomi, please don't start this. I came because I missed you all." My mother said, smiling again. Pearl sat silently next to her, face blank. 

Naomi snorted derisively. "Yeah, okay. I'm not giving you any money, none of us are. So if that's your goal, just get the hell out." 

"I told you why i'm here, Naomi! Why don't you ever trust me?" 

"Are you serious? You really need me to state the several reasons for me not to trust you?! Two of them are in the room right now!" Naomi snapped, gesturing to Pearl and I. 

I began to back out of the living room, watching as my mother and sister went at it, shouting venomous words they actually mean, but will still regret saying. Pearl covered her ears as the volume increased, her expression still blank.

I left the room, heading to my room and shutting the door. I turned on my stereo and blasted some Rise Against. I ran my hands through my hair, sighing a little shakily. 

I don't want her here. She's just going to leave again, I know she is! Yet I still want to wrap her in a hug, inhaling her scent and listening to her empty promises whispered into my ear. 

I could still hear them in the living room, so I turned up my music. How had I gone from being so happy to feeling so shitty?

I laid on my bed, tracing the patterns on the ceiling as I looked up at it. I listened to the whole CD, and when it stopped I heard that my mother and sister still hadn't.

I grit my teeth, getting up and opening my window. I need some fresh air, I can't take this anymore.

I climbed out, setting myself gently on the ground. The cold air bit at my cheeks and nose, making me shiver and reminding me of being at the ice rink with Cam. I wish I could hit rewind and relive it.

I miss Cam now! "Ugh," I groaned as I walked down the street, exhaling and watching as the cold made my breaths visible. I walked and walked, not knowing where exactly I was headed when I found myself at the place Camden and I first kissed. 

The memory made me smile, when I noticed someone sitting on the little wall there. I blinked, slowing my steps as I walked up. I looked closer, noticing a familiar grey beanie, and my heart sped up in hope. 

"Cam...?" I said hesitantly, and his head shot up in surprise as he looked in my direction. 

"K-Kai? I-Is t-t-hat you?" He asked, his voice strained like he had been...crying. 

"Yeah, it's me." I said, coming up and taking a seat beside him. He turned away, confirming my suspicions. "What's wrong?" I asked in concern, the sadness that had been in his voice making my heart wrench painfully. 

"N-N-Nothing," he lied. I snorted, taking his hand in mine and leaning forward a little, catching his eye. He sniffled, his eyes watering lightly. 

"You liar. You better hope it rains before your pants catch on fire," I warned and he smiled a little, making my smile widen. "You wanna talk about it? You'll feel better." I said, stroking the back of his hand with my thumb. 

"I...my p-parents w-were...f-fighting, you know. L-Like usual, b-but I h-hate it, so...I t-t-took a walk to g-get away from m-my m-m-mom." Camden said with difficulty, his voice still tight. It broke my heart to see him like this.