"Your Highness, she's almost out of the coma." I hear, but I'm too focused on Aria.

"You look beautiful, you're doing so good. Come on baby, break through..." I whisper next to her, I start to feel tears fall down my face. I knew that people were doing so much behind me, but all I cared about is Aria and the baby.

"We won, A. Your mom. We beat her. You're safe. Just break through so I can see those beautiful eyes of yours." I say, placing a kiss on her lips. I hear the little monitor tracking her heartbeat stop. I feel an terrifying pain through my body, like my heart is getting ripped out.

"Her heart stopped!"

"Her breathing slowed."

"She's not gonna make it."

No. This isn't happening, she's okay. No, no, no. I grab her hand and press it to my face, hoping it'll wake her up or just give me something. I couldn't feel a pulse. I look up at the doctor frantically checking Aria. I lock eyes with the doctor and I knew it. This was the end.

"She's gone, isn't she?" I whisper, tears running down my face

"She's gone, isn't she?" I whisper, tears running down my face. The doctor looks at me and nods. A sob breaks through my body. The nurses and doctor leave the room, giving me some privacy. I lay my head on her hand, sobbing.

"I can't do this without you, A. You're my everything, you're the meaning of my life. You changed my life, you make me so happy. Don't do this, oh Goddess, no." I sob, pressing a long kiss to her hand. What was I supposed to do now?

But then the beeping from the heart monitor starts again, her breathing picks up. Her eyes start to flutter and her hand twitches. She takes a deep breath and then shoots straight up in the bed. She gasps and then her eyes open wide.

"Aria!" I say, standing up. I place a hand on her back while still holding her hand. I mind link anyone near me to get a doctor.

"Damon, it's hurts!" She says wincing in pain, I lay her back down on the bed.

"I know, baby, just take a deep breath." I say pressing a kiss to her forehead, I'm about to pull away but she holds my cheek.

"You're home." She whispers, looking at me.

"I am, safe and sound." I say, pressing a kiss on her nose. The doctor then walks in, with the rest of the nurses.

"Hello, Queen Aria, we have to do a quick check up in you and then it'll be time to deliver." He says, as the nurses start checking the many machines attached to Aria.

"Damon, I need to tell you something." Aria says, squeezing my hand. I wince, pain going through my shoulder. "Wait, what happened? Are you hurt?"

"It's a small injury, just a battle wound. I'll be fine." I say, hoping she believes me. "What were you saying?"

"Oh, um, we're having twins." She mumbles, looking down.

"Wait, twins? You mean like two babies?" I say, shock running through my mind.