chappie 20

shit..was it not an error after all?

eyes widened, kusuo looks down at your remorse expression. your grip on the collar of his shirt loosening as the heels of your feet once again touched the ground. cheeks flushed, you took a step back.

kusuo watched you re-think your actions as he slowly found his fingertips making contact with his lips

how did it get to this?

|| EARLIER TODAY ||

"tanaki, what the fuck are you doing here?" you questioned in a bitter tone that made the teen in front of your door wince.

"let's go on a date." tanaki said, all so casually like the question isn't all that big of a deal.

"what? no girls to bring at the movies today?" you asked with a teasing sneer, crossing your arms as you leaned your arm at the doorframe. "no, thanks. i'm already interested in someone else. go find a new girl."

tanaki frowned. "this isn't all about girls, [ name ]. there's a whole line wanting to be in your place right now." he said. "imagine, i went as far as going to your house just to ask you out?"

"i can't imagine it."

"well, it's because it already happened!" tanaki state. "don't go going all smart and sassy with me! can't i just spend time with my best friend?"

you laughed, waving your hand dismissively as you nodded at tanaki's proposal. "where are we going though? just so you know, i want my ass home before evening." you said.

"that's what i plan to do." tanaki huffed. "a classmate recommended me an alice in wonderland garden near that coffee shop we always stop by."

the simple mention of the garden made you aggressively nod your head at tanaki. he knew that your interest swells up whenever flowers or gardens were in the conversation. you once mentioned to him that you wanted to have a garden of your own at your backyard when you're married.

instead of being happy with your dream, he gave you a judging look and said: "how are you so sure that you'll get married?"

"kokomi!" mrs. saiki exclaimed at the sight of the pretty blue headed female at the entrance of their house.

"good morning, mrs. saiki." teruhashi greeted. "i'm here for-"

"ah, yes, yes! for kuu? to the garden, right?" mrs. saiki asked, turning her head around, grabbing her son's arm, practically dragging him outside to where teruhashi is. "you're bringing [ name ]-chan with you, right?"

teruhashi's smile faded at the mentioned of your name. with a concern expression, she places a hand on her cheek. "sadly, she's not home today." she said. "she's out with a friend."

mrs. saiki frowns. "that's too bad. did you not mention to her about today?" she asked, tilting her head.

"i was planning to surprise her since this type of location is what she likes most!" teruhashi said, smiling at the thought of you enjoying the sight of the garden. "but it seems like someone got ahead of me."

mrs. saiki smiles, nodding as she pushes kusuo to teruhashi's direction

tanaki somehow forgot to mention that the alice in wonderland garden consisted of a maze. and before any of you get to the garden, you'll have to get through a maze first.

"i just want to fucking eat!" you stated after minutes of roaming around the garden and still being unable to find the garden. "tanaki, just call a staff! i want to eat with alice!"