Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch

Start from the beginning

Raising both his hands, the replicate answered.

"Ryoma": Hey, now.... I just thought you could "use a hand."

Ryoma: ......

Approaching the blade, the replicant pulled it out from the ground and spun it before continuing.

"Ryoma": Or even better...

Aiming the edge at his own neck, the replicant began to cut his own flesh, letting Kuva flow down his body as he slid it across, staining the grass with it.

"Ryoma": Some more of that sweet elixir....

Ryoma: ?

"Ryoma": Power...

Jaune: Hey.

Opening his eyes, the Tenno looked around him, a bit dazed and confused.

Ryoma: Huh?

Ryoma: Huh?

From behind, Jaune approached him, standing beside him as he gently patted his shoulder.

Ryoma: ....Another dream.... Another nightmare.

Jaune: How are you holding up?

Looking down at his arms, he commented on his condition.

Ryoma: I'm fine.... at the moment.

He looked back at Jaune.

Ryoma: It's a bit of relief to see you guys again.

Jaune: You've said that already.

Ryoma: I know.

Ryoma: And you guys?

Jaune: Well... thanks to you, we'll be hard at work to clean up and reconstruct Vale alongside our professors.

Ryoma: Hard at work, huh?

Realizing how he sounded, Jaune immediately apologized, his focus more on the grave of Pyrrha than anything else.

Jaune: Wait! I-I didn't mean it to be like that! I don't mind working, it's just...

Knowing he was focused on Pyrrha, the Tenno patted his shoulders in return.

Ryoma: I know...

Seeing a tear dripping down from Jaune's face, the Tenno looked away.

Ryoma: I'll be honest Jaune, I...

He sighed before continuing.

Ryoma: I don't know what to say that'll take away the pain.

Jaune: There isn't anything you could do about it, even if you wanted to. It's...

Ryoma: There are times where you wish it was someone else in her place, isn't there?