7 | Waste The Night

Começar do início

"No, not really. My brother holds these parties all the time, but I don't really fit in with his type of crowd," you explain.

"I'm the same. I'd prefer to sit alone in the quiet just entertaining myself than do all... that," Chenle nods towards a couple who are drunkenly sticking their tongues down each other's throats, stumbling all over the place. You both laugh at them, grinning at how stupid they look.

"If you'd like, you can come over to mine and get away from all this... I've got the movie set at home as well, we could watch some together?" Chenle invites, scratching his head and pointing to the book. You look behind your shoulder undecided, hoping to catch a glimpse of your brother but he's nowhere in sight.

"I mean, you don't have to, I know it's late and all," Chenle adds, this time with a little less confidence.

It's not like your brother would notice you're gone anyway. "No, I'd love to," you accept, meeting his eyes again.

And with that, he walks you across to his house and takes you inside to sit down. "Do you want a drink or anything?" You shake your head, making yourself comfortable on the sofa. He brings over a bag of popcorn, puts on the Philosopher's Stone and places himself on the cushion next to you.

You both sit there contently watching the movie with a fluffy blanket placed neatly over your legs. About half way through, your eyes start to feel heavy and you don't notice your head lean into Chenle's shoulder as you fall into a doze. Careful not to wake you, Chenle reaches for the remote and turns off his television, him too falling asleep next to you.

The next morning, you wake up in the same position you fell asleep in. When you realise you're lying in in Chenle's arms, you let out a small embarrassed gasp which wakes him up. He too realises the position you're both in and awkwardly laughs before taking his arm back by his side.

"How did you sleep?" He asks, standing up, trying to clear the awkward air.

"Pretty well actually. Sorry, I must have missed half the movie," you laugh.

"There's always next time," he smiles, packing up the popcorn scattered around the sofa. "I'll give you my number, my place is always free if you need refuge from another one of your brother's parties," he jokes.

You hand over your phone, which conveniently hadn't left your sweatpants pocket, and he enters his number into your contacts.

"I should probably head back. My brother, assuming he's not too hungover, will probably be wondering where I am," you say, frowning slightly.

"Yeah, of course," Chenle says, showing you to the door.

"Thanks for last night, though. It was actually nice not to be alone for once," you laugh quietly, looking down at the ground. Chenle lets you outside, waving. "Thanks for coming! It was fun," he responds, sending you off with a big ear-to-ear smile.

I won't give up
and I can't give up

[ next week ]

Zhong Chenle

another party night for your brother?

yeah ://

you can come over again if you'd like, we still have another 7 movies to watch after all ;)