4

July 8, 1998

At eight, almost nine months pregnant she was miserable. Her tour ended in Woodstock, and though it was pouring rain and she developed a cold that put her in the hospital for the sake of the baby, she had so much fun. But on top of that, her child liked to move around and kick her ribs especially in the middle of the night. 

She was at 32 weeks, not quite full term but she was getting close. She spent her days now mostly checking up on her house in Michigan. It was officially hers and they hadn't put her house in California up for sale yet because she wanted to have her baby out of her belly and home when she did put it up for sale. 

She was talking to her little girl who was doing somersaults in her belly when her telephone rang. She reached over to her bedside table and held it up to her ear. "Stephanie Nicks speaking how can I help you?" 

"Steph...he's here." It's Lindsey.

"Oh, really?" Stevie questions sitting up straighter her hand falling to her stomach. 

"Yeah...we named him William Gregory Buckingham. He's nine pounds eight ounces." Lindsey gushes. 

"Honey that's great." Stevie sighs. 

"Do you think you'd come to meet him? Kristen's asking about you for some reason." Lindsey replies. 

"Um...Lindsey, I moved." It's a half-lie. She hasn't technically moved yet but she is moving, and she'd make any excuse not to see him when she looks like a beached whale especially with a child that's his which she didn't tell him about. 

"You moved...where? I just drove by your house yesterday it isn't up for sale." He states.

"I needed a change. My house isn't up for sale yet because I want to be in my new house before I put it up. I'm still transferring things and getting everything worked out." Stevie explains. 

"Wait, like you left the state." He's shocked. 

"I did. I'm in Michigan now, Lindsey." She sighs. 

"Michigan...you're going to live in Michigan." He states. She can hear his nose wrinkling in disgust as he says that.

"Yeah, I wanted a change and the air is so beautiful out there and the moon is glorious. It just felt right. I'm by water and everything." She replies. 

"Yeah, but I can't picture you in a cold climate permanently." He sighs. 

"I'll adapt. I'm good at it. And if I don't like it, I can always move back...Look, if I was in California I'd love to go see him, but I'm not. I'm sure I'll see him soon though. We're talking about doing another album." Stevie smiles. 

"I guess...God, Steph, I really wish you would've said something." Lindsey sighs.

"Honey, I don't have to tell you anything. I just after everything that happened...I needed a change and maybe this will be good for me. For us. I love you Linds you know that." Stevie says. 

"I know...I love you too Stephanie." He sounds sad and Stevie can't help but tear up. 

"Congratulations Lindsey, you're going to make an amazing dad." Stevie nods.

"Bye Steph." He sighs hanging up. 

Right then and there she curled around her stomach and started to cry. "Baby please don't hate me for not telling him...I really should've" She says to her belly. 

***

August 1st

"Steves, Christine and I are here," Karen says from behind the bathroom door.