Chapter four

Author's note
So I realized in the last chapter I called the kid's mother lydia, that is not correct and it has been fixed. As for when we'll get to storybrooke, give me a couple chapters and I'll make your dreams come true. Haha. Please review, vote, whatever.
------------------------------------
Neal woke up early that morning and kissed Emma to wake her up. They checked out and got on the road pretty quickly. There wasn't much traffic as they left early. At about noon they pulled up at an apartment complex in the middle of no where. Neal and Emma got out of the car, hand in hand. He knocked on the door and waited.

A small boy who had red hair and freckles opened the door and flung himself upon Neal. He smiled and looked up at the older man. "Daddy!"

Neal smiled and picked up the boy. "Hey, buddy. I missed you, baby boy."

"I missed you too."

"I didn't." A woman with red hair came up and leaned against the doorway. "I thought you were coming to get him yesterday. That's what we agreed on."

"It was almost eleven last night. Figured he would be asleep and I didn't want my son to sleep in the car." Neal shrugged.

"Whatever, Neal. His stuff is packed and the car seat is in my car. You're gonna take care of him, right? Not one of your little whores?"

"No. Closest thing to a whore would be a fifty-eight year old woman who I rent from and I'm not even interested in her." That made emma laugh and Julia finally noticed her.

"What about this one? she gonna take care of my son?"

"She's not a whore, Julia. She's my girlfriend."

"Yeah, right." She says sarcastically.

"We're not like you and Brad. We don't just use each other for sex."

"Get out. I have an appointment now anyway. Take his shit and leave." She says coldly.

Neal goes into the house and takes his son's things to his car. Once everything is in, he watches Jake say goodbye before he, jacob, and emma leave for back home.