Chapter 5: Ambush

The lone soldier stood at the top of a hill, searching the grassy plains below him for any markings or remnants of his enemies. His stature would hint that he was a mere kid in his early teens but a view of what had happened only a few minutes beforehand would send chills down utmost anybody's spine. give people a sense of what happened, Tatakai waged the battle against a nearby japanese troops. Blood flew everywhere but Izuku had not shed a single drop of his own blood onto the battlefield.

As of his troop, well, they were celebrating over a cup of beer cheering for their victory even though not one of them had assisted in battle.

Instead of joining them, he went down to the battlefield, where he had spotted a lone survivor. He stared intently at the man processing the information that was in front of him.

The japanese warrior was a man and Dekiru's analysis determined his identity. "Analysis complete, name, Hisashi Midoriya, 01100101 01110010 01110010 01101111 01110010 00111011 00100000 01110011 01101111 01101101 01100101 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110111 01110010 01101111 01101110 01100111" The soldier stood still but his normal blank expression faltered, and in place of it was a confused expression with a hint of sadness. Tatakai was feeling different, almost as if this man was a previously important figure in his life he decided to just copy his data and paste him if his data was found to be necessary

The man processing what the boy had said quickly kneeled before him while yelling, "Please spare me! I have a family to return to! They're all waiting for me, I have a kid around your age and I haven't been able to see them please allow me to greet them again!" The man was now in tears, and similarly to the boy he felt as if the greenette in front of him reminded him of his young quirkless son.

Though the gun was pointed a the man he couldn't pull the trigger, so he lowered the gun. And with a barely audible sigh he told the man while slightly smiling, "Leave and don't come back to the battlefield, because next time I won't spare you, hurry though, your wife is waiting"

And with checking to see the man was now far away, he hiked back to the top of the small hill and hid away in his tent.

The others were still having fun outside but Izuku just tried blocked out all the noise and slept. He had always felt more calm in his dreams, no blood, screams, or anything related to battling.

But the boy couldn't rest for long as the others were still too loud, and instead stared at an odd piece of metal. It had something in particular that made the boy smile when looking at it but never understood why. Maybe it was the oddly shaped form of the scrap metal or the two letters scraped onto it by a not-so-steady hand.

He found it the day he woke up a couple years back, hidden in one of the pockets of his old uniform. At the time he paid little attention to it but the moe he stared at the peculiar charm, the more familiarity he had to it.

He took it to the battlefield a lot when he was nervous, and it never failed to make Dekiru calm down. He stared at it endlessly until his human need to sleep knocked him out cold. He walked through the seemingly infinite void of his dream and decided to look over all the information he collected. There were around 70 men he faced during the week and he intended to look into their profiles more.

The boy muttered under his breath 'heh, 160,329 so far the past few months, the japan government seems to be just disposing these troops to die in battle. Nonetheless, they maybe running out of soldiers but we only have a few soldiers ourselves and no one seems to be wanting to be fight the japanese unless in the same troop as the infamous 'War hero'.' He giggled at the thought, "Americans are such cowards, relying on a mere 15 year old"

He leaned back on the chair that appeared out of nowhere, but suddenly was now laying in his scratchy sleeping bag. He detected shouts from outside as the tent showed flaring colors. He drowsily looked out the opening of the tent. He soon found out what the shouts were saying, 'It's an ambush! Someone wake Dekiru up!'

Panicking, the said boy scrambled for the piece of metal he held so dearly and ran out in a hurry with a firearm in hand. Assessing the situation, 7 of troop members were already down in a matter of seconds.

A booming voice echoed through the air, "Fear not! For I am here

824 words