Dally: "I've always cared"-pt2

Start from the beginning

Oh. Oh no that can't be good. Last time I remember, Darry knew I had a boyfriend in the ninth grade, he grounded me for the whole year. I couldn't go out unless TwoBit or Steve came along.

"What's up with Dally?"

"He's drunk."

Soda raised his eyebrows and pointed a finger to me.

"Good luck with him. I'll be in my room if anything."

I nodded hoping I wouldn't have to come to him in case of an a emergency.

Dallas started to move in his sleep.

"Dal...you awake?"

He got up, but didn't notice me sitting on the floor. But once he saw me, his eyes widened a bit.

"What's wrong," I asked.

He shook his head.

"Nothing. I should go."

I grabbed his arm before he stood up.

"About Tuesday, were you telling the truth?"

Dallas thought about it for a second and then nodded without looking at me. He left without saying another word.

"Winter, where y'going?"

-At Buck's-

"He won't shut up 'bout ya doll. That's all he's ever had in mind in his pretty head of his. Winter this and Winter that. Nothing else."

In awe, I couldn't help but chuckle at Buck's response.

"If it makes you feel any better, Dallas isn't angry at ya."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"I'm serious. Just go up there and shut him up would ya. I've gotten tired of having to hear his man problems."

Laughing just a bit, I thanked Buck for his advice. I'm sure I would be doing him a big favor. I chose to listen to Buck and went to his room. Of course the sucker was passed out, without a shirt on.

I didn't want to go back home since it was dark and all, so I chose to sit on his small couch. I took the time to browse around the tiny room. Most of his things were broken or scratched up. Dallas sure is reckless.

But something in particular caught my eye. There was a picture of me on the small desk of his. Next to it was a small note that read, 'Angel in my eyes.' I smiled knowing he thought of me at times. Dallas can be nice."

"Winter what are y'doing here?"

Startled, I jumped.

"Uh...surprise...?"

He took a deep breath and stood up to leave.

"No Dallas, don't."

I pushed him back to bed and made sure to straddle his waist. In exchange, he leaned back and frowned in surprise. Can't escape me now.

"You've been avoiding me, Dal. Why?"

This time he looked me in the eye and sighed to himself.

"I hurt you Winter just like the Soc's did."

He had a point. But he was too cute to be mad at. His lips were shaped in a pout, I knew he was hurting himself.

"I'm not mad at y'Dal. I'm sorry if I made you feel any bad about yourself. I didn't mean anything I said."

Dal has his head hung low. I hated it.

"Dammit Dal, come'er."

I embraced him in a hug and made sure to give him a small peck on his cheek.

"If you forgive me, I'll forgive ya," Dal said smirking.

"Fine."

As I got off his lap, he placed me on his bed. He placed an arm around my waist, bringing me closer.

"Oh and uh, Winter?"

I hummed before closing my eyes.

"I've always cared about you."