Chapter 50: Outsiders

Start from the beginning

She thanks the green ninja and leaves his bedroom with Lloyd following behind.

Lloyd was secretly hoping that his father would finally let him watch their training session.

"Whatcha doing Echo?" (Y/n) asked the copper nindroid once they entered the dojo.

Echo sat off to the side with Mindroid who was tied to a chair. Those living at the monastery are unsure if the nindroid is still a threat.

He won't tell anyone any of his intentions or why he was in (Y/n)'s van. They tied him up until they figure out what to do with the nindroid.

The copper nindroid perked up at the sound of her voice. "I was just showing Mindroid the games on your phone" He smiled brightly and showed the (h/c) haired girl the screen.

Mindroid nodded his head at you followed by some beeps.

"-.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . / - --- --- / -- .- -. -.-- / --. .- -- . ..."

"That means more for us to play" Echo replied to Mindroid as he tapped away at your smart phone.

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow at the two confused "You understand what he's saying?" She inquired.

Echo has been trying to make friends with Mindroid ever since they tied him up.

"Yeah, I recognized the pattern of his beeps and he's speaking in Morse code" The copper nindroid enthused and tried explaining how it works.

"There you are" Garmadon greeted (Y/n) as he entered the room after stepping away for a moment. "Let's get started shall we?"

(Y/n) nodded in agreement as Garmadon noticed Lloyd sitting down with Echo and Mindroid.

"Sorry Lloyd but you know you can't watch our lessons" Garmadon reminded the green ninja in a stern tone.

"Come on Dad, I wanna hear some of the great wisdom you're passing onto (Y/n)" Lloyd lied with a lighthearted smile which only made his father sigh.

Garmadon shook his head "You don't even listen during our training lessons." The sensei used his staff to poke at his son and make him leave. "Up you go, your mother needs help with dinner so go do that."

"Alright, alright, I'll go" The green ninja sighed as his father shut the door right behind him.

"Why can't I watch?" He grumbled under his breath as he stood in the hallway. Echo and Mindroid get to be present, but why not him?

He was curious about (Y/n)'s abilities, but he was also worried for the girl. Lloyd has no doubt that she's been pushing herself to the limits when he's not around.

Despite his Dad's words nagging the back of his head, he knelt down and watched from a crack in the sliding door.

~~~

Your Pov:
You know why Garmadon doesn't let Lloyd watch your lessons.

It's to protect you both.

In your lessons, you've been practicing control of these powers you hold. From these efforts you've learned how potentially dangerous they are if you lose control.

Garmadon has even told you more about magic, but not a lot. He's unsure of the nature of your powers, elemental or magical in origin.

Your sensei has focused heavily on teaching discipline, control and learning your limits as you build your strength. All of these skills can apply to both forms of power.

You were filled with so much anger back when you started these sessions. Garmadon had to explain to you that these emotions were apart of the grieving process.