Chapter 10

Y/n L/n's POV

Sucking in several deep breaths, I adjusted my necktie and patted my blazer down to straighten it out.

Looking clean and presentable on the first day of school is a must. I'd rather eat shit then take a step inside that prosperous academy while looking like a lazy bum who puts little to no effort in my appearance.

First impressions matter, after all.

A knock on my door made me turn to the head peeking in with a large smile. "You look great!"

I returned her smile and motioned her to come in. "Thank you, Taeyeon. It fits perfectly"

She shut the door after walking in and settled herself in front of me. She grabbed my shoulders and massaged them, a small act of effort to calm me down.

"Are you nervous?"

"Very..." There was no point in lying. Acting tough when my fingers were visibly shaking was as meaningless as trying to teach a cat how to bark.

"Don't be" She said and cupped my cheeks, giving them a light squeeze. "You'll be fine, I promise. If anything happens, just run straight home and I'll send Jieun to deal with it"

I stifled a laugh at her silly words and shook my head. "How old do you think I am, 5?"

Taeyeon laughed and ran her fingers through my hair, trying to untangle all the little knots. "Still, you should tell us if something bad happens. Don't keep your struggles to yourself, you aren't alone anymore"

My eyes squinted into crescents when a smile that reached up to my ears decorated my face. It was nice to finally have someone I could rely on.

One of Taeyeon's many specialties was giving a really nice prep talk and lifting someone's confidence. She was great at encouraging others, just like how a loving mother would.

Last time I remembered, I had no one else but myself. But now I have an adult who treats me as both a friend and family. I could only hope I'll be able to meet more people like Taeyeon.

"Okay, mother. I'll come running to you the moment someone decides to even step on my foot" My little joke had her rolling her eyes playfully before dragging me out of my room and onto the first floor.

"Go eat breakfast, we'll leave when you finish"

"Aye!" I saluted and went straight to the dining table, plopping down next to Ms. IU, who was peacefully enjoying her meal.

Upon seeing me arrive, her gaze fell onto my uniform. Her keen eyes scanned me up and down, collecting information and data like a machine.

My eyebrow quirked at her strange actions as I waved my hand in front of her face to catch her attention.

"You look great in that uniform" Her unexpected compliment caught me off guard.