Chapter 4| Kitchen Duty

Kendall was studying in the library, wanting to know more about the meaning of crests

Kendall was studying in the library, wanting to know more about the meaning of crests. "Hello Kendall. Studying about crests again?" Looking up, Kendall saw one of her classmates, Ashe, who was holding a book.

Smiling politely, Kendall nodded. "Hey Ashe, and yes I am. It's quite interesting. It's like a whole other world opened up for me."

"I can imagine. Coming from a different country, I'm sure a thing or two caught your interest."

"It's different here, yeah. But that just means I can discover things I haven't discovered before!"

"That's quite true! I usually come to the library to read all about knights. Ever since I read Loog and the Maiden of the Wind, I've been fascinated by stories of gallant knights."

"I've never heard of that story before. I might have to look into it some time."

"It's one of my favorites! I can always lend it to you if you decide you want to read it!"

Kendall's eyes sparkled at the mention of a new book to read. "I do love to read! I'll read it the next time I'm in here, and tell you what I think!"

"I look forward to it!" Ashe paused for a moment, wearing a shy expression. "Would you like to walk to class together?"

Closing the book, Kendall got up from her seat while carrying the book in her hand. "Of course!"

Walking their way towards the Blue Lions classroom, it was almost silent the entire way. Wanting to break the silence, Ashe spoke up. "So... I have heard that you've been training with Felix."

Raising her shoulders, Kendall shifted her eyes. "Yeah... I really wasn't expecting to be training with him at all. We've been helping out one another with learning new sword techniques."

"Is that so? I'm glad to know that you've been making yourself at home here." Ashe shyly smiled. "Would it be alright if you and I became good friends?"

Kendall couldn't help but smile at his pureness. "I already thought we were friends, but sure!"

"Really? That... Makes me happy." Ashe shyly scratched his face while averting his gaze.

Entering the classroom, Kendall saw that Dimitri and Dedue were the first ones in the classroom today. Walking up to them while walking with Ashe, she stopped about three feet away from them. "Good morning to you both!"

Dedue slightly bowed. "Good morning to you as well."

"Good morning, Kendall." Dimitri greeted. "How has this first week been treating you?"

"I really like it here!" Kendall beamed. "Every day has been so exciting!"

"Is that right? It makes me happy to hear that you have been making yourself feel right at home."