Introduction

This book is currently closed.

Reviews will be brutally honest. Self-explanatory.

So, what credentials do I have to review your work? Well, exactly none... except the fact that I'm a potential reader. You may find yourself dealing with an uneducated, biased and ignorant reviewer. You asked for it. 

If you're a writer looking for a review, I would suggest you look at the ones I have written to see if you actually want one.

Requirements

Send your request through the 'Review Form and Structure' page to be considered for a review. It is up to me to decide whether I will read your book or not. I will briefly look at your book and notify you.  

For those whose requested reviews have been published, leave a comment or message (or more) acknowledging that you have read my review—I don't like to think I've written it for nothing. Even if you hated it, you can just comment a single letter—or better, what I can improve on. If you aren't prepared to do this, don't request. This is the only thing you need to do (before I change my mind) after I have given a free review. Consider yourself lucky.

I will only review books in English.

Genre-wise, no mature stories and fan fiction. I'm not a fan of romance (just a heads up, but send it anyway if you wish—I may be in a good mood that day). 

I only review prose fiction. No poetry.  

No matter what you get for your review, keep positive. You might be (more than a bit) disappointed to hear something you dislike. If that is the case, this book may not be what you are looking for. Don't be rude in the comments, please. 

Please ensure that you have edited your work. By 'edit' I mean minimal grammatical and punctuation errors. Only then will I think you're serious about writing your story and that it's worth reading. I will judge a book based on how good I think it is in English (so I apologise if English is your second language). If you can't edit it yourself, ask an editor to help you. 

If you'd like, you can add this book to your reading list or tag someone so that more people can check it out. This is optional and appreciated (but has no effect on how I review)! 

Review Process

If I agree to review your book (you will see your story and name on the 'Reviews List' chapter), I will read as much as I want—three chapters at minimum. If it bores me, isn't my cup of tea or if I have better things to do, I will stop reading and reviewing. What do you get out of this? Criticism and crippling self-esteem. But also reads, possibly more recognition for your book and—most importantly—feedback.

I don't do reciprocal acts (read-for-read, vote-for-vote, etc.). If I like your book, I may vote, comment or even add it to my reading list. But I suggest you don't get your hopes up.

If you're dissatisfied with your review, tell me and we can work it out. Please don't tell me that you don't want it after I've completed it though—however my attitude is in the review, I have spent some effort to write it. You knew what you were getting into the moment you decided to post that comment.

Therefore, after I finish your review, I will publish it. I will not send any reviews through messages. 

Summary

Reviews are subjective. They are not a reflection of you. 

In any case, I applaud you for mustering up the courage to get feedback for your work. Whether you consider my opinions or ignore them, however, that is up to you. 

Pretty much, you will get at least three free reads (a lot, I know) from me if you request and I accept. Guaranteed. It's a win-win situation.