chapter one

Chapter One:

THE
SUDDEN
TRAGEDY

seven years beforekim taehyung

seven years before
kim taehyung

it was a scene of vibrant happiness of a celebration which made him reminisce the time when all was certainly perfect and surreal.

as the waltz began to play and colorful dresses and suits of different colors came to the middle of the large ballroom, filled with scented candles in large diamond chandeliers, they twirled and danced in every harmony of the music that made him jealous of the people who has an opportunity to dance and celebrate the exquisite party for the elites, nobles and royalties in the kingdom.

he was just a young kid, no, he was too young to dance with someone. a 12 years old servant boy like him should stay in the kitchens and help his parents in preparing some food and getting all the dishes washed up. but here he was, in the grand ballroom in such curious awe of amazement and admiration. it was almost magical, he thought.

staying below a large mahogany table, he sat there, munching an apple as he watched everyone dance, or walk towards the table to get some refreshments and food. some people pass him by, including the princesses whom he wanted to play with but never got the chance. princess joohyun, was year younger than him. she was wearing a white dress that looks so stunning. taehyung blushes, and shook his head from his thoughts. her sister, jisoo was 2 years younger than her. she was also wearing a light blue gown and she was bubbly, so bubbly that she keeps messing a lot of guests. and he saw the twins from the kingdom of daegu, tzuyu and eunwoo at the side, looking at jisoo with such amusement at her pranks while joohyun was laughing.

soon after, everyone became calm and quiet. he sees the king and queen going to their throne and everyone bowed. he saw the sisters going towards their parents when suddenly, the large windows suddenly shattered and he suddenly heard some gunshots outside the castle. everyone was in chaos, scared and went outside the ballroom to go away from the scene, while the royal family called their guards and told them to secure the castle, one of the orders was kill the terrorists as fast as they can.

taehyung was scared, he was frightened as the lights came off and it was all screaming and it was a smell of gun powder all around the place. only chandeliers and its candles lighting the scene and all of the sudden, it starts to rain. he quickly ran away towards a small hidden door in the walls to get away from the once surreal celebration when he heard a scream, and from then on, he turns back to see the other kingdom's queen yoona holding her twins, tzuyu and eunwoo which was already crying so hard while the queen grip the children's hands strongly. queen yoona was also holding joohyun and jisoo, while her husband, king donghae was holding a gun while being surrounded by guards who protected their family from the terrorists around them.

he realized, the king of the kingdom of seoul was shot, so does the queen while their children saw the gruesome deaths in front of them. he gasped, not wanting to see the events following after when he heard queen yoona's voice shouting at the kids to run away. he continued to get inside the door and emerged at the kitchen when he saw the workers in bloodbath. his eyes turned wide when he saw her mother and father, just beside the door, shot and full of blood in the floor. but he doesn't have time, he needs to go away from this place or else—

"help!!" a scream distracted him from his thoughts and he saw queen yoona, looking back and forth while holding the 4 children in her arms. he quickly ran towards them and called the queen.

"i know a passageway, your majesty. come with me!"

knowing all the secret passageways around the castle, he can get away with ease. but instead, he decided to help the royal family or maybe, the only ones who survived. the queen nodded quickly.

"thank you..." he heard the queen's voice.

he ran towards the stairs, hearing a bunch of guys running towards them, he quickly opened a secret door below the floor and let the children come in and so does the queen. together, they walk through the dark passageway without any light. below, they can hear everything, the screams, the gunshots and the voices of the terrorists and their footsteps. they continued to walk, until he halted and opened a small door above. quickly going up, the children came outside and so does the queen. it was the rivers just outside the castle, and they can see the town from there.

queen yoona hugged him, and he can feel the tears from her eyes.

"thank you again, boy... for saving us." she said and looks at him.

he didn't reply and the queen noticed he was just shy so she laughed.

"you will be rewarded for your kindness soon... when all of this are over. you are welcome to come to our kingdom," she said.

taehyung nodded slowly and looks at the children at the back. they are all frightened. tzuyu and jisoo was still crying while eunwoo was holding back his tears. but joohyun... she was silent. there are blood stains on her white dress, and her eyes are still wide.

"you need to come with us, let's go to the train station." the queen said without hesitation but taehyung wondered... is her husband dead? but why she needs to go back to her kingdom?

not replying, they ran towards the woods and into the town. the town was bustling with people, not knowing that a tragedy has struck in the castle. they made their way into the markets and into the train station when suddenly, all became silent when they heard some gunshots once again nearing towards them. queen yoona quickly came inside the train. but they are already being surrounded by the terrorists. taehyung let jisoo come first inside, and then, joohyun, who was shaking of fear, started crying so he had no choice. he held her hand, and let him inside when the train starts to move and it was impossible.

"JOOHYUN!!!" the queen was shouting inside the the train while she brought out her hands to hold her. taehyung ran to catch up, to let the queen grab joohyun's hands but to no avail.

many people already scattered throughout the area and there are many guards who killed the terrorists too. he held joohyun's hands tightly, until she ran away, apparently realizing late that the queen was already gone so does her sister.

and when taehyung looks around for her, she was gone.

📌 author's note;

so yes another vrene ff... LOL HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA this is really long sooooo u guys will expect late updates from this, and my other 3 ffs has not yet update lmaoooooo

hope you like this!!! 💖💕