Mama and Papa walked outside the room and closed the door behind them. I couldn't see or hear anything that was happening so I sat down on the couch with Adrien right beside me, rubbing my shoulder and whispering comforting words into my ear. But there was only one thing that I could think of.

My children.

Emma's POV

Hugo and Louis looked at me expectantly. I scratched my head while thinking. Honestly, I didn't think this far. I said, "Well, I thought that maybe we could brainstorm ideas together." Hugo and Louis looked at each other before replying in unison, "You don't have a plan, do you?" "Nope." I replied.

Hugo leaned back against his pillow and sighed. He spread his arms wide and said, "That's it. We're doomed." I nudged him with my foot and said, "Oh come on. Don't be like that. I'm sure we can come up with something." I hopped off of my bed and walked over to my desk. I took a few pieces of paper and a few markers. I passed them to my brothers and we started thinking of ideas.

I said, "Ok. We could always stay here and avoid Mom and Dad." Hugo shook his head and said, "No way. I don't want to be here any longer than I have to. And we can't avoid Mom and Dad forever. They'll find some way to talk to us eventually." Louis said quietly, "Then the only other option is to run away..." We were all quiet as we contemplated running away. 

After a while, I said, "Ok, for now, let's say that we actually do run away. We need a place to stay and money. Lots of money." Hugo gestured around us and said, "I don't think money is going to be a problem." Louis added, "Yeah. Mom and Dad are rich, and we are too." I nodded and wrote everything that we had discussed down. I said, "How about a place to stay? We can't rent a place to stay. One of us needs to be at least 18. (I don't know if this applies to you, but in my country, you need to be 18 to rent a place.) And hotel rooms are way too expensive. Even the cheap ones."

Hugo sat up and said, "I could always ask my best friend to let us stay at his place for a few days." I nodded and wrote this down. I added, "I can ask Alyssa too." Then I can see Alan more often! I felt my cheeks flush. Hugo and Louis stared at me weirdly and I continued hurriedly, "But we can't rely on our friends to keep supporting us. We need to find a stable home."

Before we could continue our discussion, someone knocked on my bedroom door and jiggled the door handle. He or she was trying to get in. Hugo quickly stuffed the papers under my pillow and Louis grabbed the markers and put them back in my pen holder. I walked towards the door, unlocked it and opened it a crack, allowing me to see who it was.

Grandpa Tom and Grandma Sabine were standing outside. Grandma Sabine saw me open the door and asked, "Hello Emma, sweetie. Could you please let us in? We just want to talk." I looked back at my brothers and raised my eyebrows, my eyes asking a silent question. They looked at each other before nodding slowly. I opened the door wider and Grandpa Tom and Grandma Sabine stepped inside. 

Grandma Sabine took a seat on my desk chair while Grandpa Tom remained standing. We just stared at each other for some time. Grandma Sabine was fidgeting nervously, while Grandpa Tom was scratching the back of his neck like he always does when he's nervous. Hugo, Louis and I just sat on the bed, leaning against the head board. The tension in the room was so thick, you could cut it with a knife. Finally, Louis broke the silence and said, "Mom and Dad sent you here to talk to us, didn't they?"

Grandma Sabine sighed and stood up, then said, "Yes. Come on, kids. Your parents did what they thought was good for you. Yes, it might've been wrong to lie to you but it was to protect you from Hawkmoth!" I stood up and sighed, saying, "Not this again." I turned to Grandpa Tom and Grandma Sabine and said, "I've already told you. I'm 16, Hugo's 11 and Louis is 5. I'm perfectly capable of taking care of my brothers if they can't fend for themselves. And they can."