Venomous Affections

Previously on Escape The Night...

Joey and his friends are rescued and discover the real threat against Everlock. "I thought we were going to save a town, but now we gotta save ourselves?" "There are eight artifacts that this Carnival Master draws his power from" "So if we don't figure this out by sunrise, we are all going to die" JC and Teala are voted into the final challenge and choose a partner to fight for them. "We have a winner!" Blood has been spilled, yet there are seven artifacts left to defeat the Carnival Master. "Not everyone in town is telling the truth."

December 31, 1977

"It's Cindy, seeing if you are still coming. It's um, almost 10. I didn't want to call your house, so I'm leaving you a message at the office." Cindy sits down in Fatman slims and decides to wait for her date a bit longer when all of a sudden, someone slides a tissue onto her table. She flips it over and written with a red marker; it says 'WHORE.' She looks behind her and sees two women staring at her, and Cindy immediately realises they were the ones who wrote the note. She runs out of Fatman Slims through the back exit, but they come through the front door. "Bitch trying to sleep with my husband!" yells the first woman and punches Cindy in the face. Cindy falls to the floor. They then start kicking her. The first woman grabs her by the cheeks. "Stay away," she warns before pushing Cindy against the floor, and the other woman kicks her. All of a sudden, the Carnival Master appears out of thin air in a puff of smoke and walks up to Cindy. Cindy sits upright but doesn't realise the Carnival Master is behind her. The Carnival Master then leans down to Cindy's height.

"I can give you anything you want," says the Carnival Master. Cindy turns around in surprise and sees the Carnival Master. "All you have to do is take my hand," continues the Carnival Master, stretching out his hand to reveal two stones. Cindy takes his hand, and the energy from the rocks goes through her mouth, transforming her into the Snake Woman. She walks into Fatman Slims with her hood up, so no one knows who she is or what she is. The two women who were beating her up before are sitting down and talking. "She's back for more." "Bitch, I told you-" She is then cut off as the Snake Woman bites her.

Y/N's POV

The note that Safiya found says that somebody in town is not telling the truth. "Who do you guys think is lying?" I ask the group. "Well, we only know two people, and that's Calliope and Mortimer so.," says Joey.

Joey: "I'm so thankful that Mortimer and Calliope are targeted towards someone lying."

"How do we know we can all be trusted, maybe it's one of us?" asks Colleen. I nod my head in agreement.

Y/N: "I'm keeping my eye on Joey right now. I feel like he's hiding something from us".

"Teala, how are you feeling coming back from that challenge?" I asked her. "I agree with Colleen. We obviously can't trust everybody somebody voted me in," replies Teala. "But do you think that it was rightfully so?" asks Nikita. "Damn Nikita," I muttered. "Let's move on," I say, and I walk over to the map. I take it down and lay it out on the table.

Safiya: "So Y/N takes the map off the wall and lays it out on the table, and we can see that there are new things on it."

"Fatman slims is new on the map," says Safiya. "Guys listen, Beware of snakes. The Serpents Eyes lie in wait".

Colleen: "There's this message that says there are going to be snakes. First, we had to deal with clowns, and now we have to deal with snakes".

Everyone is looking at the map when, from the corner of my eye, I saw someone peeping at us, looking at what we were doing.