"I...I don't know what happened. Couldn't see a damn thing with that fog. When it dissipated me and the others only cared about bringing the men back."

"Well, you're lucky none of my men died today. You were in fucking charge of them, and that shitty excuse you're giving us know—that wouldn't have been enough." Negan stated as he slightly lifted Lucille, his trustworthy baseball bat. "And now, it's up to us to fix your damn fucking mess. You think that's fine?"

"...No, Negan. I'm sorry."

"You better fucking be, Garret. Get the fuck outta here before Lucille gets her way with you."

The room was silent for a moment, the people who sat at the table unsure of what to say. Lucille's sudden banging against the table alerted everyone, who jumped on their seats and looked straight at their leader.

"So, here's what we're gonna fucking do. Gavin, you stay and check on those men, calm their families if they have one, all that crap. The rest of you go—move your fucking asses and gather a group. We're gonna find out what the fuck happened to my men."

"You mean you're coming with us?" Dwight asked, shrugging. "You don't need to bother with this. I'm sure you have more important business to attend--."

"See Dwighty, that's what cool about what I do." Negan's low voice made his subordinate quiet in an instant. "I get to fucking decide when something is important enough. And this shit—a fucking asshole that can get his way without consequences—is important enough. Besides, if there's one asshole that means there are other assholes near that asshole. See where I'm getting at?"

"Another community on the road to Oceanside? We would've found it sooner." commented Regina, leaning her elbow on the table.

"Maybe they're a small group, maybe they were just well hidden. What we know is that we haven't heard of someone who could do this before, so it must be new." Gavin pointed out, and the woman nodded in agreement.

"And all that shit means that I oughta go and make a damn good impression to them, am I right?" the smile that appeared on Negan's face was as cruel and cold, highly anticipating what was about to come. "C'me on, I want everyone ready to get on the road in five. Make sure the fuckers that survived the attack come with us."

His words were all it took for his people to get moving, and he rested his legs over the table as everyone left out. Negan brought his bat close to her face and smirked, leaning his back on the chair.

"Ah, seems like we're going on a ride, baby—I just know how much you fucking like to go out and have fun. We'll find the truck, bash into pieces the guy's head who took down my men, make his people kneel and call it a day, how's that sound?"

Silence was the answer to his question.

"I knew you would love it." he finally said, getting up and heading towards the exit of the Sanctuary.

The road to the place was as boring as usual, not even a fucking zombie around to have a little fun with, Negan thought. He caressed Lucille's smooth surface while he talked with Simon, focusing his attention on his surroundings rather than in the conversation. A smirk slowly formed on his lips as he began to think about what truly was around him.

The Hilltop, Oceanside...the number of the colonies that he had saved was slowly growing, and he was on his way to increase that figure. The world was becoming bigger and bigger, and he was the one in charge of the new order of things.

Man, did he fucking love that responsibility.

"It was here." Garrett's voice came from behind. "Those marks on the road...the guy must've moved it."