𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS US
chapter sixteen. kasual with a k.

Sam rolls up to a crime scene where her team is already at and she meets up with Hank

"Hank, hey. Sorry I'm late I had to bring the kids to school. Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, were fine. We have one dead and one wounded. She's on her way to Chicago med."

"What is this place?"

"Battered women's shelter. Secret location"

"Not so secret huh" Sam says. Dawson and Olinsky walk over to the two who says, "well, the shelters unaffiliated with any city services. We got nine women and three children living here."

"Well, three of those women fled when the gunman opened up, they're still unaccounted for. So everyone here needs to be interviewed and identified. Let's hit it" Hank says as, Sam, Al and Antonio walk away.

🌙🌙🌙

"According to CPD Special Victims, Jess Saxon takes in the most extreme cases, no questions asked" Erin says, as the team is now back on the unit talking about the case.

"Yeah, doing a job that must make a lot of enemies" Al states.

"Exactly. She's still in surgery at Chicago med. no indication of when we're gonna be able to talk to her, but Sharon Goodwin says we will be alerted as soon as she's in recovery. Sergeant Platt already has a protective detail on her room at the hospital."

"So the three missing witnesses, no logs, no contact cards at the shelter?" Voight questions.

"Well, we recovered a laptop, but nothing, nothing useful." Mouse says.

"The lady from the shelter said Jess wanted everybody to stay anonymous so.." Kevin says.

"there is a camera at the rear of the building. Footage is stored offsite by a private company. Judge just signed a warrant so we should have it in about an hour." Adam says.

"Jess Saxon has an ex with a laundry list of violent priors." Antonio says, walking nto the bullpen and taping a picture onto the board, "Jarrod Ganek. Broke her jaw two years ago."

Sam scoffs and says, "Look at this jagoff"

"Yeah, he recently did 30 days in county for violating a restraining order against her. He was released from Division 6 a couple weeks ago."