𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

⋆° დ ༄ UNTIL THERE WAS US
chapter two. natural born story teller.

Sam steps out of the shower and wraps a towel around her body and smiles at her belly bump and whispers, "Grace Nadia Halstead, you don't know it yet, but you already have so many people who love you and you have the biggest family anyone could as...

Sam steps out of the shower and wraps a towel around her body and smiles at her belly bump and whispers, "Grace Nadia Halstead, you don't know it yet, but you already have so many people who love you and you have the biggest family anyone could ask for. So, you better hurry the hell up and get out of there"

Jay knocks at the door and asks, "Sam, you okay?"

"Yeah, just giving our daughter a pep talk"

Jay smiles to himself and opens the door saying, "Voight called, we have a case. He told me to tell you not to come, but then I said you'd come either way and he just sighed"

"Obviously. Denise should be almost ready. Can you make sure she has all her homework in her bag, because last week she told her teacher the dog ate it"

"We don't have a dog"

"I know" Sam says, brushing through her wet hair. Jay stifles a laugh and says, "Okay" then goes in for a kiss with his girlfriend, "I love you"

"I love you too" Sam smiles, as Jay shuts the door behind him.

🌙🌙🌙

As the Intelligence team is gathered in a backyard, looking at their victim -a child-, who had been tied up and stuffed into a fridge. Roman and Burgess explain to Al and Dawson how they found him, while Erin, Jay and Sam stand behind Voight who is bent down looking at the victim.

"This is a black neighborhood, always has been, we're gonna find out somebody moved that kid here" Erin says. Jay folds his arms over his chest and says, "that call that was on the zone this morning. Kid went missing from Rogers park. I think this is him"

Sam turns around to face the other direction and loops her arm with Jay's and takes a deep breath.

"It's gonna be okay" Jay says. Sam clears her throat and says, "Yeah. Yeah, I know"

"We're gonna solve this" Voight says, standing up, "Whatever it takes"

🌙🌙🌙

The team is now back on the unit, gathered around the white board. "We owe this kid our best. So what do we know?" Dawson questions.

"Alright. Tender age, white child found dead in a black neighborhood. We're still waiting on the M.E, but the responding EMTs indicate that, um, the kids neck was snapped. Stabbed in the abdomen three times" Adam explains.