Episode 1: Training

The elevator doors open to the basement. Mia steps out with her phone in her hand, looking for the right room. She finds it and walks into the Elise Pavolea Meeting Room.

The room has just enough space for the table and 7 chairs it's holding, with clean whiteboards lining the walls. Inside Ryan, Connor, Aiden, Kylie and Hailey all sit at a table, in complete silence.

Mia takes an empty seat. The six are all college-aged kids, who appear a bit more than glum. More silence. Awkward. Ryan can no longer take it.

RYAN: I wonder who Elise Pavolea was. You know, like what do you have to do to have a random room in the bottom of a dorm named after you.

More silence.

RYAN (con't): It's a long name. We should just call this place the Pav.

More silence.

AIDEN: I like Pav.

RYAN: Thank you!

Just then Smith walks in. He is older, disgruntled, and drowning in the paperwork he's holding. He just makes it to the table when it all spills out.

SMITH (not happy): Hello everyone. Sorry I'm late. The, uh, printer broke. I am Smith, your community director. Congratulations on being selected to be RAs. You are all now leaders in your communities.

The new RAs do not seem excited.

SMITH (con't): Were going to do some ice breakers now.  Um. Go around the-the room and tell us your name, your major and why you want to be an RA.

Nobody moves.

SMITH (con't): Uh, you-you start.

Smith sits down to catch his breath. 

RYAN: Ok, my name is Ryan, I'm a Nursing Major and I want to um, learn to be a better leader.

SMITH: Cool. Next.

MIA: Um, I'm Mia. I'm a Chemistry Major and I want to, make new friends.

SMITH: That's sweet. Next?

KYLIE: Kylie, double major in art and finance, I want to have more of a say on campus.

SMITH: Interesting, what do you plan to do with art and finance?

KYLIE: Uh, I don't really know yet.

SMITH: Hm.

HAILEY: Well, my name is Hailey, I'm a journalism major and I want to be an RA because I want to help freshman find their way through their first year of college.

AIDEN: Aiden, I'm in engineering. I wanna do what I can to help the life of the school.

DYLAN: Dylan, Parks, Recreation and Tourism Management. and uh, I wanna make funny billboards.

SMITH: Ok, those are all good reasons, uh, good re-I forgot your keys. Um, one second.

Smith leaves, mumbling to himself.

SMITH (to himself): Why am I here. Why am I here?

 The six sit in silence again.

KYLIE: We all just lied right? Everyone's here for the money?

ALL: Yea, yep, of course, are you kidding?

TITLE SEQUENCE

INT.  The Pav.

Smith reenters with a box that he places down on top of his papers on the table. He opens it and inside are six keys which he begins passing out.