Chapter 44 - She Is Gone.

Start from the beginning

I just didn't say anything anymore because I knew I would lose it if she doesn't respond to me again.

Suddenly, I heard the beep sound on the monitor increase. She started breathing roughly in an unusual pattern. Any sensible person would be able to what is happening to her judging from her tight hold in the sheets.

"B-Bella?" I got up from my seat and pushed the button to call the nurses.

"Doctor!" I shouted at the top of my voice and held her. She was struggling to breath. She grabbed the sheets and started to pull them. I just stood there, holding her hand and debating with myself whether to leave Isabella or not.

The doctors rushed in and took over. Few nurses tried to pull me back but to no avail. They checked her pulse, gave her some injection to stabilize and gave her chest compressions. Nothing worked. She was still struggling on the bed.

After a few seconds, the room was filled with a deafening sound of the machine and when I looked at the machine, my mind went blank.

It just showed a single straight line.

No. This cannot happen. This is all a bad dream. No. She didn't leave me. The doctors prepared to give her shocks. They attached a few wires to her chest. Whatever it is called, that shit looks scary af. This is the sole reason why I am not a doctor.

"Clear the table. Preparing for 50 joules. Shoot."

They gave her a shock but the line remained the same. My vision just went back and forth from Bella and the screen.

"Preparing for 75 joules. Shoot."

It didn't work.

"Preparing for 100 joules. Shoot."

"Bella please come back to me. I don't know how to live without you. I can't-"

The doctors stepped back and looked at each other before looking at me.

"Time of death- 9:13 a.m.- "

"What? Why did you guys stop? You can't just let her be. Why the hell are guys giving up? There must be another way. Try whatever you want. What sort of doctors are you? FUCKING DO SOMETHING!!!" I shouted at them. I heard a foreign sound and we all looked towards the screen.

There were a few ups and downs on the monitor, indicating that she is coming back to life and I saw a ray of hope. I let out breath of relief. I wiped the tears from my eyes which I was unaware that were falling.

The nurses immediately fixed the oxygen mask on her face and gave her a few injections.

After they made sure that she is in good conditions, they left. They told me that she was out of danger but they aren't sure when she would wake up judging from the doze of medicines induced in her.

I hugged Bella and kissed her forehead.

"Don't ever scare me like that. please. I love you too much to lose you."

********************

1 week later

I sat beside Bella and talked to her about random stuffs.

I cracked jokes in her ears with a hope that she would just get up and hit me for cracking such lame jokes. In fact, I even told her about my deepest darkest secrets. Which I have never shared with anyone.

Anyone.

I felt her fingers twitch under my hold and my eyes widened.

"Bella?"

She slowly opened her eyes but shut them due to the lights. I immediately shut the blinds and ran back to her like a mad man. I have never been this happy before. After all, I saw the beautiful pair of eyes which I was dreading to see from the past one week.