Toni's Confession

Start from the beginning

"But I was with her yesterday, she didn't tell me anything," Veronica said as she narrowed her eyes at her best friend.

"I-uh, i-it happened yesterday," Cheryl said nervously as she looked at the floor.

"When exactly?" The nurse asked in anger.

Cheryl was silent, she didn't know if she should tell her that Toni was with her or not. Oh, God... She thought as she exhaled a breath. "At the forest." She said not daring to look at her best friend.

"Why did she follow you there?"

"She didn't!" Cheryl defended. "How could she know I was there? Think about it!"

"You told her didn't you?" Vee asked in a voice full of jealousy.

"Me!?" The widow yelled as she started to get sick of her best friend's attitude. "I didn't know I was going there myself! After Jason and Betty left, I felt suffocated, I said to myself that I should go and take a walk. I'm going."

"What about me?!" The nurse exclaimed. "I'm supposed to sit here all day and stare at the walls?"

"The both of us can't leave the house, Veronica, for Jacob."

The nurse scoffed. "Jacob? Why? It's not my job to stay here!"

"What's wrong with you?"

"What's wrong? You are selfish Cheryl! You leave me here alone!"

"You have Alex the driver along with different cars! You can choose to do what you want!" The redhead replied back.

"I am bored! I don't want to stay alone!"

"Then come with me to the factory!" The redhead yelled in frustration.

"What do you want me to do with you there! Leave Cheryl, and just for your information, if it wasn't for Toni, I would have left a long time ago. She's the only reason I am still here! I was planning on leaving this house the day that Larry died!" She said with hate and disgust in her voice.

Cheryl looked at her best friend with wide eyes, what Veronica said hurt her badly. She grabbed her purse and left the room not saying another word.

Toni never went to the office that morning, as soon as the sun rose, she made her way to Sweetpea's, she needed her best friend, she was lost and her feelings for Cheryl are growing day by day. So there she was, waiting for him to come and sit with her so that she can talk.

"Toni? What's wrong? Josie told me you were here." he stated worriedly.

"I'm sorry, but I can't take it anymore. I'm going crazy." Toni rushed out quickly.

"Hey, calm down. What's going on?" The best friend asked with concern laced in his voice. He has never seen Toni this sad or lost.

"When I loved Marry, I loved her with my own will and also because my father wanted me to marry her, and when I left her I also left her with my own will. And I decided that I wouldn't love anyone after her. Sweetpea I don't want to fall in love, I don't want to love anyone."

Since the night Veronica and Toni came over to dinner, he had thought that Toni was falling for the nurse. He smiled as he looked at his best friend. "But you are falling in love with her."

"I'm not only loving her, I am loving everything about her. I am loving her worst characteristics, her good ones, I don't know if she has any good" She said with a chuckle. "But I do know that this isn't me."

"Until now I am not understanding what you mean, you don't want to love but you are falling in love. You are still hurt over what Marry did but at some point, you will need someone to continue your life with."