Thor grinned, "Yes, Loki. The Avengers weren't too welcoming - he tried to take over the Earth, as I'm sure you're aware."

I hadn't realised it was Thors brother who led the attack all those years ago, but realisation hit me as he spoke. It made sense - who else was related to a God with the ability to destroy half of New York?

"Anyway, he changed his ways, and has returned to the kind brother he once was. He helped me defeat the Dark Elves, and I have seen his true colours once more." Thor smiled, ruffling my hair as he marched past me, pushing the doors open to go outside.

I watched him leave, but he stopped abruptly, turning around to wave me to follow him. I slid my feet into a pair of crocs that had been left in the doorway - which baffled me but I decided not to ask who they belonged to - and stepped outside.

I basked in the morning sunlight, as it poured down from the sky. Without a cloud in sight, the temperature was growing warmer, promising a hot day. It was early enough for me to not feel hot in the long cotton pyjama trousers I'd pulled on the night before, but my bare arms were warming up quickly.

"Do you have a job here Eliza?"

I accepted the bin bag Thor held out to me, and shook my head. "Not any more, but I did used to work in a café. Before the Hulk incident." I explained a little uneasily, looking at my feet as Thor tossed a couple of empty cans into the bag I held.

He didn't notice my slight change in behaviour, as he smiled at me, now holding a half drunk bottle of wine that he slid into a cardboard box by his feet. "Those are the ones that sell the coffee right?" I nodded, and his excited laugh made me glance back up at his face. "I love coffee. My friend took me bought me some on my first visit to Midgard. Just... magnificent."

I laughed at his cheery persona, my short lived embarrassment about being injected leaving me, as Thor began telling me stories. My mood brightened as the sun grew stronger and, in our pyjamas, we worked our way around the fields collecting the rubbish to recycle.

"So you were banished?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yes. But then I proved myself worthy and was able to travel back home."

I frowned. "But how did you prove yourself?"

Thor sat down, the remains of the picnic now tidied into boxes and bags next to us. "I don't know. I fought my brother, and defeated him which allowed me to return. I suppose that was how Mjölnir returned to me."

"You fought Loki?" I was a little confused. Thor had a habit of going on long tangents during his stories, and I had no idea which one we were now on.

"Yes." Thor nodded.

"But I thought New York...?"

Thor smiled at me, "Loki again, I'm afraid. He definitely lives up to his name of God of Mischief. He used to use his tricks for bad. But like I said, he's changed his ways."

He scooped most of the boxes and bags into his arms, letting me only carry a small box and knotted bag back to the kitchen, where we sorted through and binned the remains of the picnic.

"How do you know that he's changed?" I asked, unsure of how Thor's faith in his brother was unwavering even after everything he'd told me.

Thor sighed, "He supports Bruce and I. Reluctantly, but he does. And that's enough for me. Plus, he's not in the dungeons any more and hasn't caused any bother for many years now."

I smiled, just as Bruce walked in. "You look happy Eliza. Did you enjoy the picnic?"

"I did, thank you. Have you seen anybody else? I've only seen Thor this morning." I peered around Bruce to look down the corridor. Normally Pietro was up with the birds - he wasn't very quiet and usually ended up banging against my door as he left his room.