17. Nothing Is Safe

Start from the beginning

"Mommy!"

The two of them turn around to see the adorable little boy rush to her and grabbed her hand eagerly with a big smile on his face. "Mommy Lay! Welcome home!"

She chuckles, lifting him up and secures him into her arms. "I'm home."

In the realm

How many years had passed yet he stopped counting.

Everyone has changed except him.

Everyone has moved on about her death but not him.

He was furious. How can everyone easily forget about her?!

He wants them to feel his pain and loss of the love of his life. True, he admitted his feeling but it's too late. It took him years to understand this tingling and warmth sensation when he thought about her. He doesn't believe it at first but when he finally had the courage to asked his mother about this, he understands now.

But, what can he do?

It's too late for him.

His goddess is no longer with him.

The woman who protects and taking care of him from danger and his nightmare.

... always by his side...

And now, he is all alone.

But he noticed something.

When years goes by, he grown up into a handsome yet mischief young prince, he kept a promise to a certain goddess to become a Master of Magic and every time he improved his power, he finally felt it.

Her magic.

Her blue aura covered his body like a protective barrier from any threats. To say he was shocked is understandable but to finally felt her warmth aura is not something easy to ignore because when the owner of its magic died, the aura will disappear along but her aura has not yet lift and it is either be a sign that...

....she is still alive.

Staring at the starry sky from his balcony, he mumbles with a vow.

"I will find you soon, Lea."

Howard's office

"So you were saying that deep inside of that Pentagon is similar to a prison?" Howard assumed, leaning into his comfy sofa while taking a few sips of his glass of wine.